Fly with Budget Airline

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtang1121

Dec 14, 2006
Woodlands, Singapore
www.flickr.com
Today it is much more easy to travel around the world because of the budget airline.

Newbie here to look for your sharing info especially who are love to travel among Aisa.
Anybody know how to make a decision by airline company when travelling with budget airline?
Lowest Price? Service Level? Security issue?

Some more idea? (hopefully can make a updated List for Best flyer over here so that the new comer who is like me can full use of this bulletin)

For Example:
(Destination) (Airline to choise) (Price$) (Period)
1. SG-HK

Problem with flying to place like HK is not the cost of air ticket, but the cost of the hotels there. Cheapest I found already cost $100 a night; add the cost of airport transfer, quite x. Best to find a package deal unless you know of a good & cheap place to stay.

My trip last year was staying in mongkok for $37 per night.
And also this thread i feel should be in kopitiam.

This is a good thread, hoping that more members will give more info on this. Hoping to travel around asia soon and looking for such info. :)

prices will always change due to promotions or demand so i don't think the list will be accurate. just update when we know of new promotions? so far i only took valuair to jarkata in oct 05 and find it an alright experience, esp the flight is so short.

my cousin take tiger to ching mai twice a year and he got no complains also.

i wun dare to take those indonesian budget air again though. took adam and lion air for domestic flights...the seat pockets for emergency actions were missing and some of the seats are badly damaged. lousy safety record too. rather not gamble with my life.

prices will always change due to promotions or demand so i don't think the list will be accurate. just update when we know of new promotions? so far i only took valuair to jarkata in oct 05 and find it an alright experience, esp the flight is so short.

my cousin take tiger to ching mai twice a year and he got no complains also.

i wun dare to take those indonesian budget air again though. took adam and lion air for domestic flights...the seat pockets for emergency actions were missing and some of the seats are badly damaged. lousy safety record too. rather not gamble with my life.
agree..never gamble with our life.but if you learn about earoplane engines,u will be scared that many of them suffer super degradation after few thousands flying time..really worry because we are in the air..

Infact Budget terminal cost you lesser time to check in/out and walk less distance IMHO.

lol...yeah...i went on their 1st anniversary...so shocked to see it's so empty...cos i used to have my cca at airport t1 n 2...so surprised to see the huge difference...

I find it much more economical to get an airfare + hotel package from one of the online consolidators like www.zuji.com.sg

Their Hong Kong packages with 2 night hotel stay start from $500 upwards. And the great thing is you can fly with a full service airline like Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific. You don't have to subject yourself to flying on budget carriers.

Around the world? From what I've seen they only serve the Asian countries..?

Think this should be discussed in the Kopitiam section instead.

Anyway, I agree with bro Terence that I find it much more economical to get an airfare + hotel package from one of the online consolidators or travel agencies.

i feel that this thread is out of topic...doesnt relate to photography stuffs

My sentiment too.

Wrong forum. Kopitiam please.

Regards,
Arto.

Around the world? From what I've seen they only serve the Asian countries..?

can always take budget carriers for short hop mar...got budget carriers in europe too...so try taking budget to india...then take another budget to middle east and so on lor...can take budget to aust too.

how to move the thread leh? need mod or admin right?

My trip last year was staying in mongkok for $37 per night.
And also this thread i feel should be in kopitiam.

Erm, can share the hotel name & address? I can't seem to find anything cheaper than almost $80 a room. Unless yr figures are for twin sharing or something like that. Also which time of the year did you go?

Try http://www.hostelworld.com I got my beds with private rest room for about S$60/night/room in Mongkok. Small but clean and safe. You may fly to Macau and back from Shenzhen. So far I have been to 5 destinations with Tiger. Service is okay. Mostly on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.