Fly Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazekang

Aug 29, 2004
Clementi
hazekang.multiply.com
Hi, 1st posting here :sweat:
This pic was taken during the outing to malacca, just some birds flying all over the place
I liked the pic cos it showed some stationary birds clinging to their support, while other birds were flying towards the brightness of freedom....

Come come give comments n help me improve :)

15_small.jpg

what a wonderful contrast between the three stationary birds and the three birds in flight. one representing the security of man-made comfort and the other the unbridled freedom of nature, one content to stay put next to the lamplight while the other eager to soar towards unexplored heights towards the sun. the viewer can't help but also wish that he can spread his proverbial wings and fly away. excellent photo, hazekang.

zaren said:
what a wonderful contrast between the three stationary birds and the three birds in flight. one representing the security of man-made comfort and the other the unbridled freedom of nature, one content to stay put next to the lamplight while the other eager to soar towards unexplored heights towards the sun. the viewer can't help but also wish that he can spread his proverbial wings and fly away. excellent photo, hazekang.

thanks, u put it into words better than i can :)

nice image but I feel that it is too loose, it would be nicer if the 2 elements were closer together and bigger in the frame or one close and one far away.

also the PSed lens flare is too fake.

birds flying in the sky as a metaphor for freedom
where have I seen that one before

Very good shot. However. As ortega said... The lens flare is too fake. Dun need that as you already have a very good shot.

:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

ortega said:
nice image but I feel that it is too loose, it would be nicer if the 2 elements were closer together and bigger in the frame or one close and one far away.

ya mayb i should have stood nearer the lamp post :)

oh i tot the pics would look unbalanced without a light source at the lamp post, so i added one, need to work on my ps skills more :D

thanks for ur advice, will try harder next time

Yeah, remove the lens flare. It's more distracting than helping the picture.
Too bad the birds at the lamp post are not big enough to draw more attention to bring in the contrast in meaning.

I like the blueness of the sky.

Have to see with sunglass. :cool:

ortega said:

I think if the elements are closeer together, the emotional feel of freedom might be deminish?

sorry haze, no more to comment as zaren had said it all.

ps, zaren, next time leave alittle bit for others to have chance to comment? ha ha ha.

thanks to all for ur comments :)

i try to make one without the fake lens flare for next week's post lah, one week one post onli rite? :)

hazekang said:
thanks to all for ur comments :)

i try to make one without the fake lens flare for next week's post lah, one week one post onli rite? :)

it's the 'same' image, anyway it'll be part of the critique, ok to post the one without the flare here lah

I hope my wings not broken.

denniskee said:
I think if the elements are closeer together, the emotional feel of freedom might be deminish?

ps, zaren, next time leave alittle bit for others to have chance to comment? ha ha ha.

sure....no problem! :bsmilie:

denniskee said:

closer together but using size of subject to give depth and distance
also my imagination tells me if the foreground subject line of sight is directed at the background subject (flying away) it would enhance the feeling of the foreground subject longing of freedom.

what do you think? or is it too late and I need some sleep.:eek:

ortega said:
closer together but using size of subject to give depth and distance
also my imagination tells me if the foreground subject line of sight is directed at the background subject (flying away) it would enhance the feeling of the foreground subject longing of freedom.

what do you think? or is it too late and I need some sleep.:eek:

wah abit chim... hope can find birds during the penang trip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.