Fluctuating RH setting on DHC digi cabi

Wingspan

Jul 14, 2013
Singapore
After initial setting of RH to 45%, I noticed the actual RH went up to 56% one day. The DHC was not opened at all during this time. Recheck on setting and it had mysteriously jumped to setting of 99% RH.
First time using a digital dry cabinet, but this doesn't seem normal to me that I have to keep resetting the RH. anyone with similar experience ?

Did you have any power trip or somebody switched it off accidentally? Could explain the reset.

Checked on that. Nobody messed with it. Turned it off momentarily to simulate a power trip but preset remained intact.

what brand?

After initial setting of RH to 45%, I noticed the actual RH went up to 56% one day. The DHC was not opened at all during this time. Recheck on setting and it had mysteriously jumped to setting of 99% RH.
First time using a digital dry cabinet, but this doesn't seem normal to me that I have to keep resetting the RH. anyone with similar experience ?

So far I do not have any problem with my DHC but I think dry cabinets are not the most reliable appliances and I expect them to fail sooner or later. But you need to monitor the humidity level so you don't have a cabinet full of lenses with fungus when they do fail quietly. Also I do not trust the readings.

what brand?
Digicabi

I have 2 x DHC-160 and I've never encountered this problem. Likely it's the fault of the digital hygrometer. I've had the hygrometer changed twice due to some problems i.e. LED on and off, LED goes out of control etc). Just remove the hygrometer and bring it down to Digihub to have it tested out. If faulty, they'll change on the spot.