Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnE

Sep 4, 2007
Taken on a recent trip to Bangkok.

Would like opinion on the colours, contrast and composition.

Cheers,
Manic

1357986115_9e5cfeb70c.jpg

The pic seems a bit OOF or the focus point is wrong. I belive TS wanted to bring the flowers in colour out from the rest. However those flowers do seem OOF.... Perhaps, could tell us where you focused on?

Taken on a recent trip to Bangkok.

Would like opinion on the colours, contrast and composition.

Cheers,
Manic

1357986115_9e5cfeb70c.jpg

Interesting composition. But needs to improve the technique; toys with the DOF and the angle a little.

What are you trying to tell about the roses in ur picture?
The colours are clashing, glaring and competing for attention. Unless ur original intention was that, i cannot discern the purpose of ur picture...

Perhaps you could have zoomed out a little bit (or stepped back) not to cut the roses on the sides ? I am not sure how much this is true, but I think cutting the main topic of the picture (unless obviously too large to fit in) is not very logical to most people.
Then perhaps you could have cropped the top part of the picture, which doesn't seem very relevant (at least to me) ?

the dark bunches look very ugly.

I purposely cropped the image to cut the edges of the other bunches to focus on the colours. Yes the ‘dark red’ roses do make things look interesting – taste I guess.

What I would like to better understand where the technical inaccuracies are? Fine to say that it is not technically correct, but not to specifically highlight the areas doesn’t really help me improve my technique.

Seem to be out of focus.
The colours of flowers are too similar(?), add on the desat background, becomes very glaring.

Maybe you should zoom in closer or have a tighter crop to minimise the distractions in the background.

Perhaps you should not have included so many things in color. Try zooming in and focus just on a bouquet

Status
Not open for further replies.