Flowers 4 U

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
My cameras were sleeping when I took this ...

Flowers%20for%20you.jpg

cerebrus said:
Lurvly! Have you tried making a frame for the image? Mind telling me how you did it?

Thanks. I ain't really into those PSed 'frames'. So I'll probably leave it as it is first. :p

How I did it? Oh this was 'shot' using a cheap flatbed scanner. Placed a piece of transparency sheet on the scanner (to avoid scratching and stains), placed the flower on it, cover it with a black box (made using art paper) ... switch of lights and scan. Tada~ Done! Did come cleanup in PS for those dust and stuff which fell from the dried flowers.

ndroo said:
Thanks. I ain't really into those PSed 'frames'. So I'll probably leave it as it is first. :p

How I did it? Oh this was 'shot' using a cheap flatbed scanner. Placed a piece of transparency sheet on the scanner (to avoid scratching and stains), placed the flower on it, cover it with a black box (made using art paper) ... switch of lights and scan. Tada~ Done! Did come cleanup in PS for those dust and stuff which fell from the dried flowers.

Ahh... no wonder your cameras were sleeping! :bsmilie:

ndroo said:

strange...
your petals did not get compressed?
how did you do that?

richliow said:
strange...
your petals did not get compressed?
how did you do that?

cos he just placed it there, no weight on it, and note the black box...

btw nice DOF, maybe can find a scanner to do a digital LF... problem is must make the mechanism go faster...

Thanks, everyone

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
cos he just placed it there, no weight on it, and note the black box...

btw nice DOF, maybe can find a scanner to do a digital LF... problem is must make the mechanism go faster...

Yeah man. Thanks for helping me explain. Wah digital LF ... cool idea! :sweat:

like that also can?
haha....

and the result is great! :thumbsup:

I need to try this out one day. ndroo evil!

ndroo said:

:bigeyes: WOW! that's very creative .... at least to me!

Thanks for sharing.

ndroo said:
My cameras were sleeping when I took this ...

Flowers%20for%20you.jpg

great shot!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Another pretty shot from you ndroo. Btw, just curious, do you need to burn it using photoshop?

Thanks, everyone :)

jugend said:
Another pretty shot from you ndroo. Btw, just curious, do you need to burn
it using photoshop?

Thanks. Slight burning and cloning needed because tons of particles fell from the flowers onto the transparency surface. As for background, adjusting the curves was needed to get a darker one (maybe I'll try use completely black paper to make a box soon)

Nice! I wonder if it would start a new branch called 'scanner photography' :sweat:

Nice! :thumbsup: Didn't realised that a scanner can do this.

From now on I am going to learn to use flatbed scanner to take photograph :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.