Flower Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2008
Sharing a few flower macro shots i took during the Canon Photomarathon.

Aside from the vignetting, which i cannot escape with my kit lens+raynox dcr250, please comment on how to improve. Comments and suggestions are very much welcome.

4006517287_110d5133bb_b.jpg

I think the vignetting works just fine here. Perhaps composition could go into more varieties instead of just the front shot of the flowers. Nice vibrant colours and sharpness!

Hi zh3ng, thanks for viewing and your comments. You are right i need to think of variety, i'm currently trying to improve my composition, hopefully i can do much better next time!

I think the vignetting works just fine here. Perhaps composition could go into more varieties instead of just the front shot of the flowers. Nice vibrant colours and sharpness!

yup, I agree that the vignetting actually helps. Composition wise, I prefer the whole flower with a bit of stem. I found it a wee bit too close up. Sorry just my preference anyway. Color is nice. :thumbsup:

Hi princej, thanks for viewing and your comments. For this particular series, i chose to capture the details of some parts of the flowers that we don't normally see (or ignore). :sweat: Next time i will try to capture the whole flower. ;)

The close up and colors works for me. I know what you want to express through these shots, which is the inner beauty of every flower which you are right that most of us will usually give it a miss. However, I agree with zh3ng that there can be more varieties in the angle of composition.

Nontheless, great series! :)

Hi NovJoe, thanks for viewing and for your compliments. I will try some variety next time. Thanks again. ;)

Nice flower series.

Any shots taken with 50mm f1.8 + Raynox DCR250?

i assume your above shots are taken 105mm + Raynox.

For Raynox, do you manual focus by moving camera forward and backward?

Last edited:
Nice flower series.

Any shots taken with 50mm f1.8 + Raynox DCR250?

i assume your above shots are taken 105mm + Raynox.

Hi dykat2009, thanks for viewing and your comments. Yes you are correct, all the shots are taken with 105mm + Raynox DCR250. As of the moment, i'm trying to utilize my kit lens in macro photography. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.