Flora Parade 26TH JULY 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhs2669

Feb 1, 2008
MYS
Venue: Dataran Bandaraya, Johor Bahru

The Floral Fest 2008 parade is designed to foster unity, peace and harmony through participation, teamwork and good, old fashioned fun. The parade will feature marching bands, traditional performances interspersed with a convoy of floats decorated in a full tattoo of colours and finished with a painstakingly and delicately woven blanket of vibrant floral species to create unique designs. The individual floats will be judged on creativity, animation, display of flowers, relevance to the theme and also the technical details of the float. Participants will have an opportunity of winning any of the awards for the 6 different categories including one for International entries.

http://www.malaysiaflorafest.com/index.php/flora-parade/flora-parade/menu-id-34.html

The Flora Parade start at 9:00 am between the football field and the sea (next to the hosipital).

Any person have any idea the traffic condition for the normal Saturday 7 to 8 am to JB and 3 to 4 pm back to Singapore ?

u mean d traffic condition at custom?
at custom, it jam all d times. personal experience, unless u depart fr sgpore at 6am

So near yet take so long. :dunno:

anyone knows the schedule for the day? can't find it on the website. emailed them no reply.

will i still catch anything if i reach there afternoon?

will taxi from city square drive u there? :)

anyone knows the schedule for the day? can't find it on the website. emailed them no reply.

will i still catch anything if i reach there afternoon?

will taxi from city square drive u there? :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Flora Parade start at 9:00 am between the football field and the sea (next to the hosipital). This is from the signboard stated at JB and at Danga Bay. They will keep the display in a very big air-condition tent at Danga Bay until 28 July. Location is next to the fishing pond and opposite the Danga Bay's Festive Street Mall (a shopping street).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Flora Parade start at 9:00 am between the football field and the sea (next to the hosipital). This is from the signboard stated at JB and at Danga Bay. They will keep the display in a very big air-condition tent at Danga Bay until 28 July. Location is next to the fishing pond and opposite the Danga Bay's Festive Street Mall (a shopping street).

Do u know which public bus goes there? Not familiar with the place. Any map?

Do u know which public bus goes there? Not familiar with the place. Any map?

I will try to find some map if I could.

The location is at the seaside. When you exit from Malaysia custom turn left and walk alone the seaside road (direction to west, City Square is north). The walking distance is about three time the distance from Malaysia custom to City Square, driving time 1 mintue, walking time about 15-20 mintues.

I will try to find some map if I could.

The location is at the seaside. When you exit from Malaysia custom turn left and walk alone the seaside road (direction to west, City Square is north). The walking distance is about three time the distance from Malaysia custom to City Square, driving time 1 mintue, walking time about 15-20 mintues.

Sounds near when you mentioned that you can walk there.

This is what I found out from malaysia side:

"For your information, we have allocate free shuttle from:

in frontof city square
plaza angsana
persada
puteri pacific hotel
satadium dato haji hassan yunus larkin
danga city mall
hotel selesa
new york hotel
mutiara hotel
crystal crown hotel
the zon hotel
suria city
grand bluewave hotel
and naza hotel

all this shuttle will stop at Simpang Mahmoodiah / Hyatt Hotel.. any idea where is this place?
the time are: 7.30 a.m untul 3.00 p.m." ( didn't tell me the frequency)

Is it a long event? The shuttle buses are till 3pm.

Looks like at the Danga Bay big white tent, hundreds of people are working day and night to make sure the parade is on schedule. In the tent the temperature is very cool (about 20 degree C).

Here is how it look like in the tent.
IMG_4301c.jpg

For any person interested to view more picture about the Floral Parade please refer the thread in Reportage and Sports section.

Is it a long event? The shuttle buses are till 3pm.

The Parade start at 9 am before the big hot sun up in the sky, and ended at the Danga Bay where they park all the floral cars in the cool air condition tent. The tent is open to the public to take a close up picture of the floral cars.

To answer your question, I am not the organizer but I think the parade will take about one hour, the remaining depend how long you need to take the picture.

Below is one of the actual floral car that you will see in the coming Saturday.

IMG_4584c.jpg

According to the Danga Bay's roadside advertising flags indicate that Floral Parade started at Dataran Bandaraya to Teluk Daga Johor Bahru 9am 26 July 2008.

Static Display of Floats & Bazaar
Teluke Danga, Johor Bahru
26-28 July 2008 (Sat-Mon)

The only road to the Floral Parade area is the same road use by Floats, normally the traffic police will block the road for the traffic. The main stage located between the padang (opp. Hyatt Hotel) and the sea. If they block the traffic then no bus can go thru. Outside there are alot of taxi if you need them.

Looks like at the Danga Bay big white tent, hundreds of people are working day and night to make sure the parade is on schedule. In the tent the temperature is very cool (about 20 degree C).

Here is how it look like in the tent.
IMG_4301c.jpg

For any person interested to view more picture about the Floral Parade please refer the thread in Reportage and Sports section.

Can't open your attachment.

Can't open your attachment.

I try by login as a non ClubSNAP member to see any problems, no problem and I see the attached photo.

H E L P !!!

I need some response from others if they have problem opening the picture ?

Thanks.

i can't see the pic...

will try to catch to this event as it's very near to me... :)

i can't see the pic...

will try to catch to this event as it's very near to me... :)

Sorry everyone I have some problem linking the photo from Picasa, still learning. Currently, I load the photo into ClubSNAP to solve the current link issue.

I have tried to load pictures from Picasa, I faced the same problem.
It can be displayed in CS a few times and thereafter, all images went
missing from the posts. I believe that Picasa has some limitations on
cross-linking.

Some other choices are CS Gallery or Flickr.

Cheers,
Jason

Sorry everyone I have some problem linking
the photo from Picasa, still learning. Currently, I load the photo into
ClubSNAP to solve the current link issue.

I saw some contractor still working on the sound system, some on moving parts on the display.

One contractor told me that his project cost about RM300,000/float.

Following is the completed floats ready to go:

IMG_4739c.jpg

besides the float displays, is there any other programs such as performances? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.