Floating Spiral

Status
Not open for further replies.

otaru73

Aug 1, 2005
Bartley
otaru73.multiply.com
Rubbish from my pencil sharpener.
Haven't use my pencil sharpener for a longggggggg time until spider actually make a home out of it.
Didn't realise it until I have used it.
By then, got inspiration for photo liaow.
Your comment and critique welcome.
floating-spiral-2.jpg

Behind the scene:
IMG_0301s.jpg

:bsmilie:

SniperD said:
:thumbsup: good concept! Nice tones to give it a fine arts presentation :)
PRO comment :thumbsup:

nicely done, you are good at these kinda things
but i feel that this shot needs slightly more dof
also if you could bring out the web, it would be nicer

An idea! you might want to try having some smoke inside for a surreal effect

very interesting indeed....as ortega mentioned, more DOF will be good but i think the plastic will show...

Thank you sniper, ortega, nemesis and redstone for your comment.:p

Noted about the DOF. :think:
Will try to post another picture tonight where I can show the spider web.
The smoke part.....:confused: .....hmmmm that will be hard to get...keke :bsmilie:

I also wonder IF I dont post second pic, will you guys still appreciated the picture?

very creative! very beautiful too.

for me i think the web distracts and 'disturbs' the picture ... clean the pencil sharperner and shoot again - only pencil shavings no web silk

Thank You Espion for your comment.
Here is new addition of floating spiral picture, but with color and more DOF.
Comments appreciated. Which more effective? :confused:
floating-spiral-.jpg
[/IMG]

Per se feels its unbalanced - all red shavings on the left of your words, but that may be your intention. To balance need at least a bit of red on the Right.

but this one is better overall - the red makes it livelier, and with the shapes, make it like an abstraction of dancers leaping wildly on a stage.

agree that this pic is better... i noticed that there seems to be some dust in your ccd...from the pics.. perhaps can clean up the pic in PS... smooth out the background while you do that as well...

maybe the top and bottom border should use other darker colours so that it doesn't look so blue?

Interesting idea! I like the one with colour better...more vibrant and at least it gives a better clue to the viewer what the spirals actually are.

At last back in Singapore. Kind of miss Toa Payoh Chicken Rice.

Thank you ALL for your comment and advise.
I think color is more prefer choice.
I agree on espion, the red does make a difference. Try in PS and it works.

I am still curious, If I dont show the picture(pic 2) what the picture is all about, WILL you all still find it interesting? or just ordinary? Thanks :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.