Flipfreak's Food Fantasia

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
always find food photography very interesting but never had the patience to style food. eating the subject after the shoot is always the best part of shooting food. :)

hope i get some c&c on how to improve myself.

3650698026_8375fae4e1.jpg

3650708258_e668b768a0.jpg

3650712248_55bacde290.jpg

3650715890_af6800f605.jpg

OOU! On a liquid diet? :bsmilie:

Perhaps your backgrounds are a little too cluttered? Seems like you were trying to add in the green in the background for the second last drink, but the bg could've been blurred more :p

Like the last one, though. Very simple.

Perhaps your backgrounds are a little too cluttered? Seems like you were trying to add in the green in the background for the second last drink, but the bg could've been blurred more :p

Like the last one, though. Very simple.

hehe. thanks for the c&c. wanted to include abit of the surrounding in the shot to give it some context. i think if i had a macro lens, the bg will be more blurred out but was just playing with a 50mm that day. hehe.

take note of background

for example, look at #2, do you think your subject is standing out?

haha. ok. noted. seems like a clean bg is preferred for such shots.

yes, either that or something less cluttered and catchy, you don't want your bg fighting for attention with the subject.. not that different from portraits, no? :)

anyways, i like your last photo posted.

Masterclass fashion photographer shooting food! I likey!

IMHO, the last few shot's DOF is too shallow. Can't see much. Personally I would prefer more DOF to showcase the food and it's texture. Time to buy a Macro lens and a tripod!

The drinks were pretty good. #1 and #2 a bit messy BG but acceptable.

The Indian food though .... DOF to thin

Looking forward to seeing more.

Masterclass fashion photographer shooting food! I likey!

IMHO, the last few shot's DOF is too shallow. Can't see much. Personally I would prefer more DOF to showcase the food and it's texture. Time to buy a Macro lens and a tripod!

i know. no $$ leh. next round have to invest in the lens and tripod liao. :embrass:

Agree with grumpy, the DPOF of the Indian food is too shallow. We all want to see clearly what we will eat, right? :)

The drinks were pretty good. #1 and #2 a bit messy BG but acceptable.

The Indian food though .... DOF to thin

Looking forward to seeing more.

hehe. must invest in a tripod. shutter speed too slow to handhold. :bsmilie:

Yeah, that's great! Yummie ... getting hungry.

the last 4 look good

Status
Not open for further replies.