Flights from SG to TW

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Anyone knows which airlines ply the SG to TW route? I'm trying to find one which :

1. Uses Airbus 330 planes (I prefer planes with a two seater configuration at the window sides.

2. Direct flights (seems to be cheaper?).

I checked my usual Cathay Pacific - costs a bomb, 2.6k per ticket with stopover for an hour in HKG.

Thanks Astin for the recommendation. I've just looked at it, seems cheap and got the times/flights I want. But it may be alittle too cheap haha - is this a "budget airline"?

I forgot to say that I don't quite like budget airlines :p

Eva Air, direct from Singapore to Taipei, use Airbus A330-200.

Not sure if it's A330, but I just booked a flight to Taiwan in early July via jetstar, cost is 74 dollars 1 way, less taxes. inclusive everything, a return trip cost me $232

No la, Eva Air is a premium airline, they hire all the model-quality stewardess, many years ago they already had inflight entertainment way ahead of SIA.

Anyone knows which airlines ply the SG to TW route? I'm trying to find one which :

1. Uses Airbus 330 planes (I prefer planes with a two seater configuration at the window sides.

I checked my usual Cathay Pacific - costs a bomb, 2.6k per ticket with stopover for an hour in HKG.

Huh? $2.6k? Open ticket? I am leaving for Taipei next week, ticket price : S$436 all in. Misa Travel.

Thanks Astin for the recommendation. I've just looked at it, seems cheap and got the times/flights I want. But it may be alittle too cheap haha - is this a "budget airline"?

No la, Eva Air is a premium airline, they hire all the model-quality stewardess, many years ago they already had inflight entertainment way ahead of SIA.

Agree with Astin. I took EVA Air to LAX before. Damn good service and legroom is much better than SQ. :)

Since when did EVA air become a budget airline?

Anyways. Not all of their flights are as good. I took a flight during the CNY period and it was pretty cramped w/o any of the usual entertainment stuff that we find on the current planes. 900 when I took the flight, now should be at least 33% cheaper I guess.

When taking eva air, you may want to check their deluxe class. Much bigger seats than econ class and cost only a little more.

Oh serious? Then for 450 dollars I see on the website looks good....wait I better check if it is in USD :p

What in your experience is the usual fare for SG-TW return on Eva?

Model quality good sia hehe, eye candy on flight keke :)

2.6k is on cathay pacific. I suspect its becuas there's transit in HKG, thus jacking up the price.

Huh? $2.6k? Open ticket? I am leaving for Taipei next week, ticket price : S$436 all in. Misa Travel.

Thanks so much for the recommendations, I'll check it out! :)

When taking eva air, you may want to check their deluxe class. Much bigger seats than econ class and cost only a little more.

I jsut checked, even have 300SGD one...so cheap??

But somehow I search and search for Deluxe Class, but it keeps saying no flights available.

there's also China Airlines - they have A330 flying from TPE to SIN. however KHH to SIN is on the B737-800.

not sure how it'll stack up against EVA fares though.

Oh serious? Then for 450 dollars I see on the website looks good....wait I better check if it is in USD :p

What in your experience is the usual fare for SG-TW return on Eva?

Model quality good sia hehe, eye candy on flight keke :)
I am not sure abt fare, normally my company make all the bookings for me, but I think its not expensive as compared with SIA. Currently all major airlines are having promo to fill up the empty seats due to bad economy, so u may shop around for good deal. Haha, now I wish I could go Taipei again...

Agree with Astin. I took EVA Air to LAX before. Damn good service and legroom is much better than SQ. :)

I agree with coolsigg that EVA air is good. Makes the long flight to LAX less painful. :)

Last edited:
Hmm seems like everyone's giving a vote for Eva Air. The price looks damn good too - I saw one at only 300SGD....almost unbelievable...

ermmm... have u tried looking on zuji.com ?

last i looked, cathay tickets to taiwan (Taoyuan) were around $450

Status
Not open for further replies.