Flights from SG to Tokyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sonyboy. While waiting for some help, I went to call SIA's reservation centre to try to see if I can get an idea of the available seats before actually paying for them - no point to pay for SIA when I can't get the two seats that I want.

What was then funny was that the person was telling me that the SQ747-400 (which is one of two flights to Tokyo), does NOT have a two seater configuration ANYWHERE in the plane, other than Business Class. This runs contradictory to the seat map I see on Seatguru.com and even on SQ's own website: http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/Uti...play.jsp?equipment=744&equipmentName=B747-400

THe person told me that he sees a "3 - 4 - 3" throughout the plane, even when I told him specifically to look at rows 61-66. I then asked him how many seats are there in Row 66, and he said 3 4 3! The seat maps don't even have window seats for Row 66.

Anyone knows why what he told me is so different from what I see from SQ's website?

Thanks Sonyboy. While waiting for some help, I went to call SIA's reservation centre to try to see if I can get an idea of the available seats before actually paying for them - no point to pay for SIA when I can't get the two seats that I want.

What was then funny was that the person was telling me that the SQ747-400 (which is one of two flights to Tokyo), does NOT have a two seater configuration ANYWHERE in the plane, other than Business Class. This runs contradictory to the seat map I see on Seatguru.com and even on SQ's own website: http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/Uti...play.jsp?equipment=744&equipmentName=B747-400

THe person told me that he sees a "3 - 4 - 3" throughout the plane, even when I told him specifically to look at rows 61-66. I then asked him how many seats are there in Row 66, and he said 3 4 3! The seat maps don't even have window seats for Row 66.

Anyone knows why what he told me is so different from what I see from SQ's website?

if you notice, actually there is different versions of 747 in SQ's fleet.
with different config.

like Boeing 747-400( version 1)
and version 2,3,4.

And who is that guy who told you that?

Have you seen a boeing 747 before? the ass is sland one.
then how can 3-4-3 all the way? like that the plane asss straight liao lor?

normally last one is 2-3-2. even 3-4-3, the stewardess also cannot pass through with the cart somemore.

Somemore, SQ is ending 747 fleet.:bheart:
so make an history that you actually took a 747 before it retire.

I was always under the impression that the rear of the 747 was a 2 - 4 - 2 configuration. all the 747s I've taken in my life so far have been like that, owing to the narrower profile of the aft section.

I normally love sitting there if it isn't for the fact that I nowadays prefer to sit right in front of the galley, simply because I can tuck stuff away behind my seat easily.

I was always under the impression that the rear of the 747 was a 2 - 4 - 2 configuration. all the 747s I've taken in my life so far have been like that, owing to the narrower profile of the aft section.

I normally love sitting there if it isn't for the fact that I nowadays prefer to sit right in front of the galley, simply because I can tuck stuff away behind my seat easily.

I dont care about seats.
Can reach my destination = ok.

=)

I suppose at the end of the day, that is true.

you notice that air travel become bigger and bigger?

From airlines providing needs to passenger to fly from here to there.

To now

airlines providing wants for passenger like seat selections

Its really amazing. Coming to air travel, safety come first.

Would you board a boeing 777 with only one engine?;)

Yah, I know, but all of these versions have 2-4-2 at the back of the plane. I dont' know why that Indian accented idiot at the SIA call centre told me that "his screen" shows 3-4-3.

if you notice, actually there is different versions of 747 in SQ's fleet.
with different config.

like Boeing 747-400( version 1)
and version 2,3,4.

And who is that guy who told you that?

Have you seen a boeing 747 before? the ass is sland one.
then how can 3-4-3 all the way? like that the plane asss straight liao lor?

normally last one is 2-3-2. even 3-4-3, the stewardess also cannot pass through with the cart somemore.

Somemore, SQ is ending 747 fleet.:bheart:
so make an history that you actually took a 747 before it retire.

Yah, I know, but all of these versions have 2-4-2 at the back of the plane. I dont' know why that Indian accented idiot at the SIA call centre told me that "his screen" shows 3-4-3.

Indian do things = cannot complete/ done.
;)

so have you decide?
747 or a380?

I'll call up SIA again to find out the 2 seat availability on 747. IF all goes my way, departure leg will be 747 and arrival leg will be A380 due to timings.

Indian do things = cannot complete/ done.
;)

so have you decide?
747 or a380?

My last trip, I can choose the seats for NW before I pay leh. You can even change seats or upgrade prior to your flight, provided there is empty seats

My last trip, I can choose the seats for NW before I pay leh. You can even change seats or upgrade prior to your flight, provided there is empty seats

For NW and UA can choose seat.
Other airlines , no

I'll call up SIA again to find out the 2 seat availability on 747. IF all goes my way, departure leg will be 747 and arrival leg will be A380 due to timings.

Well, no matter what, good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.