flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

keast

Nov 2, 2007
www.flickr.com
2322887583_043ee46d9a.jpg

an attempt at capturing arrow in flight towards the target
circle of vignette and desaturation used to draw attention to target board and arrow

would like critiques on composition and if i overdid the editing

Indeed your vignetting and desaturation attempt did bring my focus to the target board right away but... it takes me a while to spot the arrow. :)

What arrow? =P

Would it be better composed if there was more of the archer in the picture, and the target board went abit more to the right of the picture?

i felt that there should be more focus on the 2nd target board..this can be achieved by moving yourself to the left so the 1st target board would be less in the photo. and of course..i din know there was an arrow until you said so..hehe

How many shots were taken? Did ya shoot on rapid fps mode?

If ya did, shot of da arrow just launched from bow will be eyeopening not of da arrow in flight.

Try take da shot again. It shld be cool. ;)

Stand in front of the oncoming arrow?
its shot in a competition, closest distance i can get is still around 2m behind the archer whose at the firing line. even during normal days training we aren't permitted to do stunts like shooting from the target board thou i would love to. arrows do punch through the board for those shot with higher poundage bows and archers do bobo sometimes, at your own risk lol

i felt that there should be more focus on the 2nd target board..this can be achieved by moving yourself to the left so the 1st target board would be less in the photo. and of course..i din know there was an arrow until you said so..hehe
composition is not there.

Stil don't see the arrow.
arrow is real small, you can see the arrow's small green fletches at the top right space above board 23.

I guess the photo didn't tell much of a story thus composition is lacking.[/QUOTE]
looks like there's a major problem with composition. will look into it thanks for the tips iluvspinach. but i dont think a right composition has much to tell of a story in the first place

How many shots were taken? Did ya shoot on rapid fps mode?

If ya did, shot of da arrow just launched from bow will be eyeopening not of da arrow in flight.

Try take da shot again. It shld be cool. ;)

just 1 shot from this view, snapped the moment i hear her release string, got some captures on arrows being launched by my friends happily spamming my multishot function :bsmilie: fps for 400d is quite low thou to cap most of it. one technique my spamming friend told me was to anticipate her release (eg 5seconds into full draw) and start spamming from then onwards till the archer lets go.

Stil don't see the arrow.

I guess the photo didn't tell much of a story thus composition is lacking.

Look for a green spec in the center of the photograph more towards the top don't try to look for the arrow against the target board as it is above it. On release an arrow does not fly straight but slightly upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.