Flight To Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

young124444

Nov 29, 2005
Any one been to Australia lately? any idea is hand carry allow for SLR and Lenses?

I will be carrying a DSLR and Two lens including a 80-200 2.8.

thanks

Yeah... just came back from Australia end of Sept. Hand-carried my DSLR body with attached lens & flash unit. No prob with that. Originally wanted to bring tripod but didn't. Are you bringing your tripod? If yes, very likely have to check-in the tripod.

hi there shouldn be a problem I handcarried my camera with 2 other lenses as well. hand carried my ibook as well but with recent cases of laptops catching fire I wonder if they still allow it.

thanks nyxx88, will be bringing tripod, and likely to check in with it in my lugage, cause is Carbon fibre and may not withstand banging.

thanks Fisheye, am not bringing laptop so is fine :)

I brought my 350D with two lenses, and tripod and powerbook. all hand carried on board the plane. no problem at all. was headed to sydney in july. =)

i'm preparing to fly to sydney in abt 2 weeks time. any particular problem with bringing tripod onboard SQ flight? also, what bags did u guy brought along (sling bag / haversack type?)

vii_haven: u mentioned that you hand carry the tripod, is it in a tripod bag or u literally hand carry it?

DSLR, lens & flash carried in a waist-pouch type of bag.

I would like to know whether can bring tripod on the plane too. I will be going to Sydney in 2 weeks time as well, on an SQ flight :).

vii_haven: u mentioned that you hand carry the tripod, is it in a tripod bag or u literally hand carry it?

i brought along a crumpler bag to put the camera stuff. the tripod i literally handd carried. no case at all. my backpack was emptier than when i went there, so i put the tripod into my backpack to check in on my way back (on my own accord).

Status
Not open for further replies.