Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootjutsu

Deregistered
Jun 7, 2009
Hey I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post such a question, however please inform me if I am at the wrong place, admin, thanks.

I would like to ask,
Do you guys post all the photos that you have taken after a trip?
Or of cos, you choose a selective of nice photos that you think it is, good, however what if others share a different point of view, for example, you think this photo is good, you post up to flickr, however the people say it is not, it is badly taken.. etc etc.

Is it better for me to choose a selective of nice photos that I think are good? Or what?
Anybody please advise me thanks!

Hey I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post such a question, however please inform me if I am at the wrong place, admin, thanks.

I would like to ask,
Or of cos, you choose a selective of nice photos that you think it is, good, however what if others share a different point of view, for example, you think this photo is good, you post up to flickr, however the people say it is not, it is badly taken.. etc etc.

Is it better for me to choose a selective of nice photos that I think are good? Or what?

Of course you would pick the best few to post right? Why would you post all photos including bad ones?

Personally, I feel you should learn to select what you think is good to you and post the best few up. Self-critique is more important, followed by critique from others. You should learn how to choose your photos first...

If you look at the photos posted in CS, many of them are beautiful and perfect. But you'll never know how many failed shots they got in all of their photos. Because they post what they think looks nice to them, what they think looks good to others.

But that said, you can post any amount of photos you want! Whether good or bad. :) Photography is an art afterall. What looks really good to others may look bad to you. The inverse is true.

Hope this helps. :bsmilie:

I would like to ask,

that's why they say photography is art, not science ... there's no right or wrong. pick and upload your best shots of course. there'll definitely be some ppl who like them as u do, and some who don't. for those who don't, u can always listen to their critics and feedback, and then decide for yourself whether their pointers are worthy considerations. if you think hard and decide they're not, so be it, that's their taste.

it depends on individual lah.. but unless u always actively promote your flickr site , else probly not many ppl will see / comment.
For me , i always post almost all the photos (no matter good or bad) so i can see at work ( jus dun tell my boss lolx)

Of course you would pick the best few to post right? Why would you post all photos including bad ones?

Personally, I feel you should learn to select what you think is good to you and post the best few up. Self-critique is more important, followed by critique from others. You should learn how to choose your photos first...

If you look at the photos posted in CS, many of them are beautiful and perfect. But you'll never know how many failed shots they got in all of their photos. Because they post what they think looks nice to them, what they think looks good to others.

But that said, you can post any amount of photos you want! Whether good or bad. :) Photography is an art afterall. What looks really good to others may look bad to you. The inverse is true.

Hope this helps. :bsmilie:

yup yup of cos i wont post those real bad ones.
alright, i will bear that in mind! thanks for the advise!

yup yup of cos i wont post those real bad ones.
alright, i will bear that in mind! thanks for the advise!

:bsmilie: Sometimes me myself also cannot decide whether to post or not.

that's why they say photography is art, not science ... there's no right or wrong. pick and upload your best shots of course. there'll definitely be some ppl who like them as u do, and some who don't. for those who don't, u can always listen to their critics and feedback, and then decide for yourself whether their pointers are worthy considerations. if you think hard and decide they're not, so be it, that's their taste.

haha yes, there is no right or wrong. but so far i haven post any photos up here..
as i went places like little india, etc. then just recently post up the photos *lazytoupload* lol.
but of cos i want to have more comments on my photos! just that i'm not posting up now..
:dunno: haha

it depends on individual lah.. but unless u always actively promote your flickr site , else probly not many ppl will see / comment.
For me , i always post almost all the photos (no matter good or bad) so i can see at work ( jus dun tell my boss lolx)

haha yup yup.
i also feel like posting up almost all my photos no matter good or bad, just to appreciate by myself, see which are the ones which are bad, then learn to improve or what lor.
:bsmilie:

Post pictures that you feel is good and is worth sharing. Sometimes I go other people's Flickr site, first 2 pages I lost interest already. If like that, no point posting cause can't get the viewers attention.

Personally, I feel that you should post only the VERY personal best from a shoot, if its only 1-2 among x100, then so be it.

Good photos are a dim a dozen. Go google all available galleries, and learn to shoot these 'good' photos. Great when can do it but theres no real reason to share. Instead, then tink of how to do it even better.

More importantly, everytime you look at your own gallery, you know that those were your current personal best standard. It'll be very satisfying to eventually start deleting earlier posted photos that no longer meet your grade.

To share normal snaps, pls just post on facebook photo gallery or something else.

yes i agree with redmonsoon. If its just to share your personal moments with your friends, then by all means post them online. But if u post images with the desire to share beauty, then u must be able to accept critique too, it will help u improve (hopefully) haha. Of course, there may be pple who will give you crap, just take it graciously. Blame the sin, not the sinner.. :)
I am new to photography too.. got a gallery in deviantart and had critiques too.. So now i know i need to learn photoshop.. haha!! Seems photography is no longer just shoot. there is post production now!

Last edited:
Personally, I feel that you should post only the VERY personal best from a shoot, if its only 1-2 among x100, then so be it.

Good photos are a dim a dozen. Go google all available galleries, and learn to shoot these 'good' photos. Great when can do it but theres no real reason to share. Instead, then tink of how to do it even better.

More importantly, everytime you look at your own gallery, you know that those were your current personal best standard. It'll be very satisfying to eventually start deleting earlier posted photos that no longer meet your grade.

To share normal snaps, pls just post on facebook photo gallery or something else.

oh okay, i get what you mean yeah. thanks dude! :thumbsup:

yes i agree with redmonsoon. If its just to share your personal moments with your friends, then by all means post them online. But if u post images with the desire to share beauty, then u must be able to accept critique too, it will help u improve (hopefully) haha. Of course, there may be pple who will give you crap, just take it graciously. Blame the sin, not the sinner.. :)
I am new to photography too.. got a gallery in deviantart and had critiques too.. So now i know i need to learn photoshop.. haha!! Seems photography is no longer just shoot. there is post production now!

yesyes! i super agree with you.
idk how to use photoshop too, i need to get/download one fast.
but currently i'm just using picasa to just pp abit of my photos only hehe.
i will bear them in mind thanks! gambatte to you too :heart:

I would like to ask,

what does this have to do with title? that is something i do not understand.

1. no, there are personal photos, i.e. photos that i know i will like, for personal attachment, they might not be so aesthetic for the general crowd, so i keep them in my computer and do not post them.

2. then if people say whatever i post no good, think about why, there has to be reason. if they have given it, see if it makes sense to you, with an open and learning mind. if it doesn't make sense, ask others if it makes sense to them. if they say yes, then something is wrong with you, go and think hard about why your photo is ok to you, but not according to general opinion, then modify your posting accordingly.

3. best to look at a wide selection of travel photos, to get an idea of what PEOPLE WANT. unless of course, you do not mind people telling you, eh, these photo no good, you just wnat to post. everyone posts for different reasons.

what does this have to do with title? that is something i do not understand.

1. no, there are personal photos, i.e. photos that i know i will like, for personal attachment, they might not be so aesthetic for the general crowd, so i keep them in my computer and do not post them.

2. then if people say whatever i post no good, think about why, there has to be reason. if they have given it, see if it makes sense to you, with an open and learning mind. if it doesn't make sense, ask others if it makes sense to them. if they say yes, then something is wrong with you, go and think hard about why your photo is ok to you, but not according to general opinion, then modify your posting accordingly.

3. best to look at a wide selection of travel photos, to get an idea of what PEOPLE WANT. unless of course, you do not mind people telling you, eh, these photo no good, you just wnat to post. everyone posts for different reasons.

for the title for, i'm sorry, cos i do not know what should i out as the thread subject. :think:
but i just want to know if people post all the photos up after a photo shoot trip or of cos, post a selective of nice photos.
yup, i feel i understand much now, thank you for spending time and tell me these. :)

flickr is for personal online viewing. i doubt anyone will go and comment on how good/bad your shots are unless you go to online forums and direct people to go to ur flickr and view.

if you post all your photos from a trip, but only link a few pictures to show in forums, i don't see what's the problem.

i wont post horrible shots with my finger covering half the frame haha.. just the nicer ones

Status
Not open for further replies.