Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbux

Aug 10, 2007
Singapore
Aloha people,

Just hoping you guys could shine some light on this. :)

I am setting up my Flickr account and I am about to post my first ever picture with my signatures on it.
However I can't help but notice that it is not a generally common practice for Flickr members to add signatures into their shots.
Now my question is whether this is an enforced rule by the site or it's just something that we don't do in Flickr?

Thanks guys. Appreciate your comments. :D

Cheers.

Aloha people,

Just hoping you guys could shine some light on this. :)

I am setting up my Flickr account and I am about to post my first ever picture with my signatures on it.
However I can't help but notice that it is not a generally common practice for Flickr members to add signatures into their shots.
Now my question is whether this is an enforced rule by the site or it's just something that we don't do in Flickr?

Thanks guys. Appreciate your comments. :D

Cheers.

I used to post with signatures, then it started looking silly on my flickr, so I stopped doing it.
but I'm sure there's nothing wrong with doing so!

Be sure to share your flickr link when done :D

you can add watermark/signature

but frankly who cares

if i really want to pirate your photographs, unless you splash big ugly words across your whole picture, rendering it thus really ugly
nothing that cropping/cloning can't resolve, really, as long as i put in the work

the best way to prevent leeching is to simply post small sizes
if people want to leech, you have the big size file to prove that you are the owner

the best way to prevent leeching is to simply post small sizes
if people want to leech, you have the big size file to prove that you are the owner

yes, putting 512x512 or less will not give you any good print more than 2x2 inch.

If you want to put up high resolution photos (like for qoop printing), you can always tag these photos as private or family/friends contact only.

There are license options for you to choose from when you're uploading to Flickr.
Just read up on the different type of licenses available for your photos.

E.g. You can choose not to have people being able to download the photo.

actually i find it troublesome to put signature.Ok im lazy;p
but if you have a pro account on flickr,
u can go under account settings and choose not to let others download your pics
when they rightclick they will only save a empty pic

actually i find it troublesome to put signature.Ok im lazy;p
but if you have a pro account on flickr,
u can go under account settings and choose not to let others download your pics
when they rightclick they will only save a empty pic

Actually u dun need to have a pro account to do that.. A normal account will do.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.