Flickr or Photobucket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guangzhao

Jun 29, 2008
Braddell
Anybody has any comments on which is better to host photos?

flickr all the way :cool:

photobucket, though its vastly different then it was in the olden days...been with it and so far hasnt disappoint with downtime, maintenenance and so on.

I paid for both. PB i used it to archive all my pics, Flickr is to share my pics. Lately PB has been getting slow for me, occasional downtime too. Flickr so far so good.

PB now cost $39.95 & Flickr cheaper & unlimted. The choice is yours..

Flickr is free for first 200 photo, and must be active for continue of three months or else all picture will be gone.

Photobucket is free for 1 GB, it is very userfriendly if you use it to post and link photo to the forums.

i often have trouble viewing phtoos linked from photobucket, i have no idea why

flickr is good for hosting, and actually you get unlimited even without the pro account - if you bother to make a note of the pages you have hosted the older images that you can no longer view past the 200 limit they give your "free account" :devil:

for presentation, i do prefer zenfolio (had problems last time though due to java issues with firefox, not sure if corrected now).. and pbase. flickr is just too.. basic and haphazard.

so many ad. on Photobucket...

I use PB only for archive or personal pix. I love flickr because it has different pre-default sizes, easier for upload using windows app, groups for common interest, statistics on how your photos are being viewed, adding fave for other people photos that you like (although I don't use much PB so I can't say if these functions are also available with PB).

Flickr:thumbsup: ...I just like flickr... also when i compare, i find images on flickr look better...:) And u must be 14 to register for photobucket;(... and i only turn 14 this year... and my birthday not here yet..

Flickr for better interface and the community and forums that comes with it.

I had dumped my photobucket account into the bucket.

1+ for Flickr.

Somehow the photos in PB looks compressed and dull. Joining the different Flickr groups also quite fun.

thumbs up for Flickr! :thumbsup:
go for pro

Status
Not open for further replies.