flickr: no hdr

Apr 10, 2008
Balestier, Singapore
Non HDR
No Photoshop
Enhanced Saturation,contrast and sharpness

This is message i see fairly often on flickr...... whats the point ?

i mean if you have changed saturation and contrast and sharpness you have already manipulated the image

why boast ?

Non HDR
No Photoshop

i mean if you have changed saturation and contrast and sharpness you have already manipulated the image

why boast ?

hmmm. i don't really see much of these descriptions.

i guess personal preference?

or maybe it's just a " FYI " just incase viewers wonder.

i guess.

non hdr -> pg wants to show other's his cam has superb DR:bsmilie:
No Photoshop -> Pg wants to mean that he's using Lightroom instead...:bsmilie:
Enhanced Saturation,contrast and sharpness-> in camera setting declared to hint minimal pp.

Non HDR
No Photoshop

why boast ?

like that is boast?

Non HDR
No Photoshop

why boast ?

More like disclaimer? Else people will say...

"Chey, fake one. Confirm photoshop one lah" :dunno:

Non HDR
No Photoshop

why boast ?

i guess you've never used flickr or other similar sites to do some research on that brand new camera you've been eyeing? those indications that you seem to brush off help to gauge the quality of the camera's output.

and 'no photoshop' really helps when it's a film camera you're researching on.

Non HDR
No Photoshop

why boast ?
getting the setting correct in the camera, ain't this suppose to be the photographer's goal when capturing an image? why you say this is a boast?

am I suppose to shoot it with underexposed two stops, horrible composition, flat lighting, wrong WB and do all the corrections with photoshop than consider the norm?

I post my photos.... and thats it. :think:

like that is boast?

If all that is not boast, why put it?

Or is all this a boast?

No Canon xxxx dslr
No Nikon xxxx dslr
Still in school
Shot this with a cheap P/S

I am just a GWC --- (Guy With Computer):devil:

If all that is not boast, why put it?

Or is all this a boast?

No Canon xxxx dslr
No Nikon xxxx dslr
Still in school
Shot this with a cheap P/S

I am just a GWC --- (Guy With Computer):devil:

who the hell cares? i know i don't, as long as the result fits.

what i find more irritating is people doing fashion shoots and having a whole long list of "people that are typically involved in such shoots"...

then got stylist, art director, photographer, all the same person...... that is also not boasting, but is damn boh liao. :bsmilie:

from my point of view, perhaps the photographer is explaining that his workflow has changed.

i get a lot of questions sometimes on flickr whether my photo is hdr... at the point in time when i was doing a lot of hdr. so when i changed to gnd + digital blending, i always included a short detail on what was used, e.g. 3 shots combined in photoshop; GND used; when i used hdr i still mentioned that i did it.

same for panorama.. it is just information that i find useful, sort of like a faq for the people who view my stream regularly and usually have the same questions - saves them the trouble of asking, saves me the trouble of replying 10 people asking the same thing.

this is very different from using what camera, because output from pentax, canon, nikon cannot be seen from a processed photo, but sometimes hdr results can look very similar to gnd/blending results, done properly and measuredly.

Last edited: