Flickr limited photos

Sgdevilzz

May 16, 2010
For those using flickr, if your uploads exceed 200, will you upgrade to PRO account?

hahaha this type of question also ask... :)
It's entirely your decision, isn't it?

I know quite a number of people who have upgraded and are extremely satisfied, if that helps :)

i will increase the limit if necessary but so far i dun even use it to post, hmm maybe i'll upload in future.

Flickr has a larger community or perhaps the largest now.

hahaha this type of question also ask... :)
It's entirely your decision, isn't it?

I know quite a number of people who have upgraded and are extremely satisfied, if that helps :)

Just checking with the peeps here :D Hah, i need to save money to upgrade now!

I am also happy with flickr.
But hopefully the page layout will be applicable not only on the first page. And a built-in application to sort pictures.

Just checking with the peeps here :D Hah, i need to save money to upgrade now!

dude.... it is US$24.95 a year or roughly US$2 a month.... just save from drinking 3 can of coke a month should be sufficient to pay for it.
With the added utilities that comes with it, it is easier to see how well your photos are doing.

Last edited:
I think for flickr u must have skill in tagging properly and must actively put photos in groups so that more ppl will see... Otherwise the viewership is very less...

I don't see the need so I didn't. If you don't feel like upgrading but you are going to exceed the limit, then filter more, and post the better ones...

I don't see the need so I didn't. If you don't feel like upgrading but you are going to exceed the limit, then filter more, and post the better ones...

if u lazy to backup your photos, upgrading to flickr pro is ideal. cos there surely comes to a point u have the best 200 photos u ever taken and 201 just came in. why restrict yourself to best 200 photos through out your photography life?

It is not just the 200 photo limit.

Pro account also allow you to download and present more sizes of your pictures. You can even download your original upload in its original filename.

if u lazy to backup your photos, upgrading to flickr pro is ideal. cos there surely comes to a point u have the best 200 photos u ever taken and 201 just came in. why restrict yourself to best 200 photos through out your photography life?

Oops sorry, I didn't face this situation before probably because I ain't got nice photos to upload. Unless I am sure that people would be viewing it, I wouldn't post it or I would delete it if I need that extra space, and if I don't want to pay for the pro account.

Seriously, I have seen many accounts where they just spam all the photos onto the photostream, there is no filtering, no nothing, just pure spamming. What's the use? Most photos only have 0 views and it isn't even properly titled.

I heard some companies ripping the member albums and sold their images else where in the past. Flickr did nothing to stop these people despite complaints. That is why they can't earn my money :)

Oops sorry, I didn't face this situation before probably because I ain't got nice photos to upload. Unless I am sure that people would be viewing it, I wouldn't post it or I would delete it if I need that extra space, and if I don't want to pay for the pro account.

Seriously, I have seen many accounts where they just spam all the photos onto the photostream, there is no filtering, no nothing, just pure spamming. What's the use? Most photos only have 0 views and it isn't even properly titled.

i am not an exhibitionist and i dun aim to have many viewers on my photos. but flickr is a good place for online backup of my best shots (as compared to facebook) and hosting my images. I save bandwidth on my hosting account as well since photos was hosted by flickr and displayed on my website.

I heard some companies ripping the member albums and sold their images else where in the past. Flickr did nothing to stop these people despite complaints. That is why they can't earn my money :)

u can set copyright controls to your photos.

once the photos show up at other people screen, it is already INSIDE their computer. even the downloading function is disable, there are ways to rip the photos from there.
there is noting much for a image hosting company can do about it.

to deter others from using the photos, it is the photographer's responsibility to upload the photos in lowest resolution with watermark heavily.

i'm extremely satisfied with pro account...for i think 36 dollars per year u can store unlimited photos in your account....i actually have ard 8000 plus photos and videos in my account already...lol...very good for online backup :)