Flickr - How to disable SafeSearch in Singapore?

TroyP

Dec 23, 2008
SafeSearch is a feature that allows you to control what turns up in your searches on Flickr, and it's on for everyone by default.

Note: If your login ID is based in Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Korea or with Maktoob.com you will only be able to view safe content based on your local Terms of Service (this means you won’t be able to turn SafeSearch off). If your login ID is based in Germany you are not able to view restricted content due to your local Terms of Service.

Does anyone know a way around that? I have a friend who has moderated some pics, however I can't see them since you can't disable SafeSearch if you are from Singapore.
I tried to change everything in my Yahoo account to Australia, and I still cannot see his pics or the option to disable SafeSearch :angry:

not available in Singapore.

gave up trying long ago. haha.

if there's a way i'd like to know too.

Last edited:
might want to try going through a vpn? im guessing they check the ip addresses and deduce the location, since a vpn would effectively disguise your location as some foreign country, it might work.

can take a look at hotspot shield. no guarantees though. and i am not responsible for any loss of data because your data is going through a 3rd party provider(hotspot shield). i had a friend who once played world of warcraft in school through hotspot shield and went home to find someone logged into his account...

might want to try going through a vpn? im guessing they check the ip addresses and deduce the location, since a vpn would effectively disguise your location as some foreign country, it might work.

can take a look at hotspot shield. no guarantees though. and i am not responsible for any loss of data because your data is going through a 3rd party provider(hotspot shield). i had a friend who once played world of warcraft in school through hotspot shield and went home to find someone logged into his account...

hotspot shield isn't safe, I used it for SC2 once, my com went haywire after. Anyway it doesn't work. i already tried. lol.

Use a proxy. Or an easier way would be to use Opera Mini if you have a smart phone because it surfs through their servers.

If you setup a new account stating that your country is "anything other than S'pore" than can.

I changed everything to Australia and it still doesn't work (flickr/yahoo email).
I know someone who is using yahoo sg email, and he can see moderated material, so i'm confused :s

I also tried logging in through a transparent proxy, same problem.

I changed everything to Australia and it still doesn't work (flickr/yahoo email).
I know someone who is using yahoo sg email, and he can see moderated material, so i'm confused :s

I also tried logging in through a transparent proxy, same problem.

Did u try registering a new account with the country as somewhere else?

that's the only thing i haven't tried.

my flickr account is registered as yahoo.com.sg and i still can see all moderated and restricted photos

just tot of something... which service provider are you using?? my is starhub does this matter :think:

just tot of something... which service provider are you using?? my is starhub does this matter :think:

forget about the statement. i try using my handphone with singtel line still can see restricted photos in flickr...