Flickr cannot link direct to photo anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
Flickr apparently has disabled direct link to photos. Say bye bye to Flickr.

"The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this. "

Any other photo hosting sites allow you to do direct link to photos, at least for sharing on CS? Anyone tried Smugmug, Behance, etc ?

Last edited:
9721149809_497a85fe19_b.jpg

from Flickr user Cat Lane Photographer

which goes to show that if you know how to, you can still pull the links out ;)

Last edited:
oh yea:

The HTML code to embed a photo in a web page that you used to find on the All Sizes page is now only in the Share menu on the photo, to the left of the More menu. We now also include BBCode! (standard message board code)

There are a few cases where the code may not be available: 1) If the photo is restricted. 2) If that person has turned off "Share this" or access to original files.

The direct link to a photo file is no longer shown on the page. Per the Flickr Community Guidelines "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr." Linking directly to the photo file doesn't do this.

source: http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#150297614

which goes to show that if you know how to, you can still pull the links out ;)

How huh? I dunno leh *scratch head*

I hate to change unless left with no choice....

[edit] figured out how to but is PIA to view source codes.

Last edited:
hmm im a pro member
what i do is click on the pic,right click and select an image size

from there i can grab the URL

My flickr is free version as well.
What I did, just open up the image then right click on the image view the photo, and copy the link.
Not sure if there is shorter way to do.
5165159253_f4a4259659_b.jpg

I thought we couldn't get the direct link from Flickr since ages ago.

You just have to go to the images page and grab.

Even if you can't see that page for whatever reason, you can always hunt for the JPG link in their BB code/HTML code, etc and extract it out..

Yeah am pro member perhaps that's the reason you are not able to.

My flickr is free version as well.
What I did, just open up the image then right click on the image view the photo, and copy the link.

armadillo is a free member and seems to be able to do it just fine. :)

Seems like a browser issue. When I use IE10 , the direct link shows as

"http://www.flickr.com/photos/9729818104/sizes/c/in/photostream/"

On Chrome, it is fine to copy url.

I think you're right, I'm on windows 8, with IE10, can't even access to the flickr main page

Most of the time I'm on Firefox, stop using IE for long time ago :bsmilie:

After some painful years, the internet is getting back at IE :bsmilie:

I use IE is only when need to go to Gov sites, because they don't know anything other than IE..., most of the things won't work if you use Chrome or Firefox.

I use IE is only when need to go to Gov sites, because they don't know anything other than IE..., most of the things won't work if you use Chrome or Firefox.

i questioned a civil servant over the hotline before. he said that it's because Chrome's and Firefox's security for online payment isn't that secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.