Flatbed scanning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi guys, need your input here...

Whenever I scan those b/w drawings using flatbeds, the white background becomes 'grey' after the scan. Meaning when I tried to print it and instead of getting a white background, it get a somewhat grey background. How do I eliminate that? Can any suggest an easy way to do it?

Thanks! ;)

Ok... You scan the picture... import to photoshop... select adjust levels (u know where right), there'll be 3 dropper tools to the right of the histogram. Use the white dropper at the grey back ground which should be white... fine tune with the histogram and presto... photo quality

What scaner do you have ?
Do you scan with the top cover open ?
Try to add one white papper behind the scanned paper .

Originally posted by Flare
Ok... You scan the picture... import to photoshop... select adjust levels (u know where right), there'll be 3 dropper tools to the right of the histogram. Use the white dropper at the grey back ground which should be white... fine tune with the histogram and presto... photo quality

I'll try it; thanks Flare!

To the rest; any more ideas to share?

Originally posted by AdamGoi
Hi guys, need your input here...

Whenever I scan those b/w drawings using flatbeds, the white background becomes 'grey' after the scan. Meaning when I tried to print it and instead of getting a white background, it get a somewhat grey background. How do I eliminate that? Can any suggest an easy way to do it?

Thanks! ;)

Ah, let me guess what's the problem. The scanner's exposure meter is also calibrated to 18% gray. So if you scan a drawing with white background, the meter is fooled, so the background becomes white.

Press the [+/-] button on the scanner and rotate the command dial ....

ok, that's rubbish. So, after you scan, load the pic into photoshop, open Levels, click on white eyedropper, then click on what should be white. That should fix it. Alternatively, adjust the white point in the scanner software.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.