Flatbed Scanners vs Dedicated Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivlekx

Oct 27, 2002
nivlekx.bounceme.net
I noticed that there are alot of 2400dpi flatbed scanners capable of scanning negs/slides available in the market. Now their prices are more than 50% of their dedicated counterparts which only does 2700dpi.

My question, how much difference are looking at, in terms of quality, speed and convienience?? Is it really worth getting a dedicated??

Thanks to all the scanner pros!!

Depends on your needs.. f you see yourself scanning more slide/neg. Buy a dedicated canner.. If you see yourself scanning more doucment, with a few slide occsionally. buy a flat bad...

As flatbed is made to scan document, it "focus" of the ccd is right on the glass panel.. With a slide mount, the scanner might find some problem getting a sharp pic...

That what i think as i have gone thru the same dileman.. I choose a flatbed due to it's cost and versitability.

Thanks binbeto... Cost is really a very big issue on my part considering that the cheapest dedicated is 799 with ICE.... Guess I will follow your path on a 300+ flatbed and save up for a DSLR!! ;) ;)

Binbeto, could you do me a favour by letting me know the make and model of the scanner that you have and also let me have some neg scans at full res??.. Thanks!! :gbounce: :gbounce:

Digging old thread :p

Just wondering. Have flatbeds closed up the gap in terms on quality with dedicated 35mm scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.