Flashing F--

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylocool

Dec 13, 2006
I recently realised whenever i remove my lens hood from my d80 kit, there will be a flashing F-- in the lcd...after reading the manual it seems that the camera is unable to detect the lens. What i did was to unlock and lock the lens again. This happens also when i take the camera out of the bag by holding onto the lens (might not be a good thing to do).

Is this normal? Or should i bring it to NSC for a check...i suspect either the lens or camera contact is loose.

I recently realised whenever i remove my lens hood from my d80 kit, there will be a flashing F-- in the lcd...after reading the manual it seems that the camera is unable to detect the lens. What i did was to unlock and lock the lens again. This happens also when i take the camera out of the bag by holding onto the lens (might not be a good thing to do).

Is this normal? Or should i bring it to NSC for a check...i suspect either the lens or camera contact is loose.
It is still under warranty, go visit NSC. It should not like that.

IIRC, the kit lens come with D80 is lens with non-metal bayonet. Is that really bad?

Regards,
Arto.

:think: how does removing lens hood create this problem?

:think: how does removing lens hood create this problem?

I think when he remove the lens hood..the twisting action causes the contacts to disengage..:think: this should not happen..i think ur lens mounting on the body is loose liao..send in to NSC..

I think when he remove the lens hood..the twisting action causes the contacts to disengage..:think: this should not happen..i think ur lens mounting on the body is loose liao..send in to NSC..
Or, maybe must check whether lens is mounting properly to body. Is there any 'click' sound when mounting it?

Regards,
Arto.

Wow... There's cause for worry if there's no CLICK sound when mounting the lens, and TS must be damn HENG he was not holding the lens & the cam dived.

Bro,

think there definitely is something wrong with the Lens/ Mounting, cos I'm also no the D80, and no such problem.

Or, maybe must check whether lens is mounting properly to body. Is there any 'click' sound when mounting it?

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.