Flashgun for my dslr

Musicx

Mar 4, 2012
Hi, I am thinking of trying to get a flashgun for my canon 1100d , I just started photography and on budget , thinkng of getting Yong Nuo YN560 or Nissin SpeedLite Di466, any suggestion and is there any shop in tampines?

What suggestions do you expect or need?
There is a price guide and a list of reputable shops, alternatively look through the Mass Sales.

Plus, don't we already have several yongnuo vs. Nissin threads?

Oh? But I don't only look into the both brand. Any brand with ttl which is below 200? Is there any ?

Oh? But I don't only look into the both brand. Any brand with ttl which is below 200? Is there any ?
The cheaper you go the nicer the issues you might face .. YN and Nissin have been discussed here extensively. Take your time to browse through the existing threads. Do pay attention to TTL capabilities. If you don't mind 2nd hand equipment have a look into Buy & Sell, with some luck you might be able to get a 2nd set of 430EX for 200.

I agree that ts should take a look at b&s for a 430 or 580 ex mark I. There should quite a few hanging as back ups or ppl wanting to get the 600 ex. Maybe do a WTB. They usually come with freebies like diffuser caps or even light spheres that are sized specific.

Ok, shall take a look.

Anyway, is flash good for outdoor in the night?

Depends on the shot you are trying to achieve, what you are shooting, etc. Being a photographer requires the use of the gray matter between your ears, to understand what to use when. Most of this is learned by EXPERIMENTATION. So go out, explore, try with and without flash, etc. LEARN.

Yes, it's perfectly suitable for creating this special 'elk staring into car lights' look.
Every flash has a Guide Number, expressing the reach of flash light with certain camera settings. Using the knowledge about exposure and aperture / ISO stops one can extrapolate for different scenarios and settings. Flash only helps for foreground objects. You can safely forget illuminating buildings and landscapes.
Here something to read: Flash Photography with Canon EOS Cameras - Part I.
Be honest to yourself: if you have difficulties in understanding this "EOS Flash Bible" then just stick to daytime pictures for now and get a decent base knowledge. Flash has it's own rules.

YN560 is fully manual but has the flash power equivalent to the Canon 580 mk II. only at 100 bucks if you know where to get it. Take some time to know it and it will be an excellent flash, at least for me!

YN560 is fully manual but has the flash power equivalent to the Canon 580 mk II. only at 100 bucks if you know where to get it. Take some time to know it and it will be an excellent flash, at least for me!

Is it very difficult to use? what are the things i need to know?

Read the link I provided earlier about the ETTL function. Now, for the YN560 as manual flash - you will have to do everything manually, there's no ETTL. Are you up to that? If not, I strongly recommend an ETTL flash. Learn to walk before you run.

basically, you are asking about flash photography. Flashes are easy to use, just pop it into the hotshoe, switch on and fire away. Getting good pics with flash is the tricky part. Please read into various flash photography techniques online or getting a few books might help.

As to your question on whether YN or Nissin... well, both are good. YN is generally cheaper, but most of the series are fully manual (which mean you need to set the flash power, etc, yourself)... however if you pop a few tens into your S$200 budget, you might get a very good YN 565EX (which is around S$2xx, can't say that it is as good as the 580EX II, but it is pretty close, in my opinion).

rhino123 said:
basically, you are asking about flash photography. Flashes are easy to use, just pop it into the hotshoe, switch on and fire away. Getting good pics with flash is the tricky part. Please read into various flash photography techniques online or getting a few books might help.

As to your question on whether YN or Nissin... well, both are good. YN is generally cheaper, but most of the series are fully manual (which mean you need to set the flash power, etc, yourself)... however if you pop a few tens into your S$200 budget, you might get a very good YN 565EX (which is around S$2xx, can't say that it is as good as the 580EX II, but it is pretty close, in my opinion).

ok, I read some of those review and I wonder is there a big difference in both money and using it between auto and manual.

ok, I read some of those review and I wonder is there a big difference in both money and using it between auto and manual.

My opinion is... auto is easier to use. The price difference is not really that amazingly large in getting the YN565EX and the YN560... if I were you, I would go for the YN565EX (which I did and like it very much and is going to get a second one soon.)