'Flashed point' starred by Donnie Yen

Status
Not open for further replies.

legiz

Apr 17, 2006
anyone watched this ? i watched it yesterday , another great show starred by Donnie Yen , by just watching him engaging in close range free combat will makes you feel that is more worthwhile than u have paid for , 5 stars to his performance .:thumbsup: Louis Koo is just a support actor inside , while Fan Bing Bing is a beautiful vase , love the part whereby Donnie Yen engage in firepower using sniper and the enemies using AK47 . shoik!!!!! :sweatsm:

Another outstanding performance since his SPL aka SA PO LANG , not to mention LONG HU MEN.
hoping his SPL part 2 " PO JUN " will come soon.

Donnie had always been the one to watch in HK martial art movie.
Still remember his drama years ago, 'Fist Of Fury'. Damn good martial art performents n damn nice body ;p Too bad he never make it big :cry:

Donnie had always been the one to watch in HK martial art movie.
Still remember his drama years ago, 'Fist Of Fury'. Damn good martial art performents n damn nice body ;p Too bad he never make it big :cry:

Ya man , he never fail to impress me when it comes to action pack movies , one of the part he stunned me by using jumping backbreaker on one of the enemies , any idea where to get his past movies ?

In one of the earlier HK Huang Fei Hong movies which starred Jet Li, I was more impressed by him than Jet.

Donnie Yen has always been one of my favourite kung fu movie star... he is fast, agile and hits hard!

Go to 'youtube', search for 'Donnie Yen' and you'll be able to find lots of his past movies...

7swords01small.jpg

My photo of him 2 yrs ago...

"The Mismatched Couple" was probably his 1st break thru back in early 1990s - its was a hilarious comedy which also displayed donnie yen excellent fight skills n breakdance moves. I recently bought e VCD after searching for a loooong time...

"The Mismatched Couple" was probably his 1st break thru back in early 1990s - its was a hilarious comedy which also displayed donnie yen excellent fight skills n breakdance moves. I recently bought e VCD after searching for a loooong time...

i am looking for this movie ! where did u bought it from ?? i watched this when i was in pri sch, since then the scenes of his fighting moves has since embedded into my brain.

In one of the earlier HK Huang Fei Hong movies which starred Jet Li, I was more impressed by him than Jet.

i think he won a free combat competition before joining the movie industry , after years then Jet follow his footsteps

yup yup... was really impress with his breakdancing move in that movie.

i am looking for this movie ! where did u bought it from ?? i watched this when i was in pri sch, since then the scenes of his fighting moves has since embedded into my brain.

The Mismatched Couple - bought it @ TS Video AMK central branch. Lemme know if they hv e dvd version now...

tks for this pic , did not watch this show , i heard it sucks ?

I dunno, i didn't watch this '7 swords' movie too... was almost with him & the entourage the whole day for this event... he come across to me as got a bit of attitude... i heard his downfall or maybe not tat popular becoz he has a bad attitude, not co-operative? I do not know... just hear say... i think i heard something like if he had been, he would have been more big time then... by now, already out of his prime... & he doesn't act very well, so nobody will cast him in a movie that is not a gong fu fighting movie... He is just not popular along that line...

His English is not bad... think he ever stars in small roles in Hollywood movies before... privately in leisure chit chat... he said that he very long never come to singapore... maybe 10yrs or more... not much memory of this place at all... now that he see our street is so clean... & the living so high class & nice (coz we pass by Orchard Boulevard, Cascasden Rd, Admore Park area) :confused: ... he ask, how much are these apartments... i said bigger units or penthouse are a few millions loh... smaller ones at least S$1.5 million, around there... He went," :sticktong ... "

I dunno, i didn't watch this '7 swords' movie too... was almost with him & the entourage the whole day for this event... he come across to me as got a bit of attitude... i heard his downfall or maybe not tat popular becoz he has a bad attitude, not co-operative? I do not know... just hear say... i think i heard something like if he had been, he would have been more big time then... by now, already out of his prime... & he doesn't act very well, so nobody will cast him in a movie that is not a gong fu fighting movie... He is just not popular along that line...

His English is not bad... think he ever stars in small roles in Hollywood movies before... privately in leisure chit chat... he said that he very long never come to singapore... maybe 10yrs or more... not much memory of this place at all... now that he see our street is so clean... & the living so high class & nice (coz we pass by Orchard Boulevard, Cascasden Rd, Admore Park area) :confused: ... he ask, how much are these apartments... i said bigger units or penthouse are a few millions loh... smaller ones at least S$1.5 million, around there... He went," :sticktong ... "

not bad at least u got to chat with him , i hope to see more of his movies in the future ,
just cant get enuff of him in action.:lovegrin:

i thought he was the fight sequence director as well as acted in one of the "blade" series?

i think he won a free combat competition before joining the movie industry , after years then Jet follow his footsteps

I am wondering why you said Jet followed the footsteps of Donnie

Donnie's first movie was Miracle Fighters 2 in 1982 which was the same year as Jet Li's Shaolin Temple. Though both trained at the famed Beijing Wushu Academy, Jet won National Youthcompetitions from the age of 11.

i thought he was the fight sequence director as well as acted in one of the "blade" series?

If i remember correctly, he acted in Blade II.
Perform better in fight scene than the main actor ;)

BTW, Donnie's recent movie is all about martial art.......so for those who wan to comment abt his acting, save it to yourself.

Yep Donnie Yen was the Chinese Vampire in the hunter squad with the sword in Blade 2.
His whole family is into martial arts.
Fight scene in 'Hero' with Jet Li was really convincing. 2 real martial arts exponents slugging it out.
Will wait for VCD for Flashpoint, should be out in a month...

Status
Not open for further replies.