Flash unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

benedetto13

Nov 23, 2007
Bukit Batok
www.flickr.com
i'm gonna get a 430EX II soon, finally decided to drop the idea of getting 580EX II. anyway, what else do i need? a diffuser or something? or there's still more?

thanks for reading and thanks for helping me out in advance!

Practise with it first.... then learn on the various light modifiers available.

i'm gonna get a 430EX II soon, finally decided to drop the idea of getting 580EX II. anyway, what else do i need? a diffuser or something? or there's still more?

thanks for reading and thanks for helping me out in advance!

You need reading about the topic. Then you will understand what you might need for which purposes and occasions. Finally, take the flash, shoot and see the results. Based on your shootings you can then ask specific questions. This will give much better guidance for improvements.

You need reading about the topic. Then you will understand what you might need for which purposes and occasions. Finally, take the flash, shoot and see the results. Based on your shootings you can then ask specific questions. This will give much better guidance for improvements.

thanks bro! i will have to read more now since i realised from you guys that there are so many different kind of diffusers and stuff. but there's only one thing to buy which is the diffuser(i know got different kind) to add on right?

Plenty...

Omni-bounce
Bounce Card
GFLS
WhaleTail
Podket Magiclight
Tissue paper
lots of others which can work

thanks bro! i will have to read more now since i realised from you guys that there are so many different kind of diffusers and stuff. but there's only one thing to buy which is the diffuser(i know got different kind) to add on right?

Rechargeable batteries and the charger? :)
Search the forum, there are threads about good rechargeable batteries and good chargers. Flashes are quite demanding in that regard. And since you want to take the flash out for shooting you might want to think about a camera bag with enough capacity. Let's not explore the ideas of off-shoe flash .. yet ;)
Btw: a thread about DIY diffusers can be found HERE.

the flash dont need a charger right? yea those im awared of.just afraid got dont know what unknown things i need.haha yea i have a 7mil crumpler bag.still can put one flash,two more lens.which hopefully get during my upcoming birthday.haha! thanks bro! ok leave the off-shoe flash aside first.HAHA! you talking abt studio? or something else?

i mean flash dont need charger as in a specific charger for flash.no such thing right? charger for the rechargeable batteries right you were talking about.haha.

i mean flash dont need charger as in a specific charger for flash.no such thing right? charger for the rechargeable batteries right you were talking about.haha.

Yes... battery charger. There's a lot of types. Do shop around for the better ones.

so what kind of batteries do you all recommend? :) and charger

I'd ask u search for more rounded info...

personally, I prefer Maha charger and the Powerex batteries

a good site to read up on lighting is strobist.blogspot.com

But that would be more advanced lighting techniques....

learn the basic first....

Status
Not open for further replies.