Flash unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdEvA

Sep 1, 2006
etanphotography.com
hey guys, i'm planning to get a 2nd hand flash for my 400d at clubsnap.

will be either getting the 420ex / 550ex.

have a question to ask.
what are the stuffs that i would need to get along with the flash unit?

Get a flash diffuser. Will give better effect on your shots cos the light will be evenly distributed on the subject as well as the background. Lambency lightsphere is a good choice.
Other than that, get AA size rechargeables cos flash units are power hungry and using rechargeables are more cost effective over time. ;)

I wouldn't say rechargable batteries are definitely the best source because I too tried using rechargables and they seem to be dying on me even on the very first time I used them. I somehow still trust my energizers. =D

use rechargeables.. save the earth.. =)

and quite possibly, your wallet in the long run.

I'd say the Stofen Omnibounce (flash modification) is the most non-obstructive add-on.

if you are low usage user, go for Sanyo eneloop batteries, these batteries able to hold their charge for very much longer time.

but your are shooting very ofter and need more batteries juices, go for high mAh type batteries, they can give you higher recharge rate and bigger capacity.

a homemade bounce card is cheap and easy to store, try abetterbouncecard

rechargeable batteries are good for a few reasons. they cheaper to use in the long run, they help save the environment and they recycle the flash faster than normal single use batteries.

non rechargables are way too ex. $6.70 for energizers. =X

if I would to use Alkaline batteries for my flashes, probably I have a few cartons of three quarter used batteries which good to use on calculators, mini radios and clocks for many years.

Thanks for the link to the bouncecard, guess i'll try that out before buying any add-ons..

as for the batteries.
besies the sanyo rechargable,
any other rechargeables to recommend??

btw how much do they cost?

eneloops are quite good.. about $20+ per 4 pcs...buy 1 set Sanyo, 1 set Energizer la.. compare then tell us.. haha

haha.. cnot la.. need to sqeeze budget for the flash already.. =x
hmm for usage like Fashion show, IT Show and stuff. will the 420ex be sufficient??

hey guys, i got from a friend 4 pcs of 2000mAh Sony Ni-MH Batteries with the compact charger.

It's the CycleEngery type.
I've got hold of a 420EX, and will these batts be sufficient?
If i were to get those 2700mAH batteries in future, can i use the same charger to charge them, it says that it supports 2700mAH.
Hope i can save the $$ on the charger, if i have to replace the batt with 2700mAH ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.