Not open for further replies.

Nessie

Aug 10, 2004
Anyone can give some review of the portable flash unit by Jinbei
RL330
or
RL660
or Perhaps the MS-300.
Thinking of getting one but not sure about its performance etc..

Please feel free to comment

upzzz

anyone free enough to share their review?

I owned the RL660 over a year now and I think its pretty dependable. Only weakness is it's slower recharging times if you are shooting at max power outdoors. I really think its a good buy, especially at such low prices as compared to when I bought it.

I've the RL660 for about a month now. Here are my views on it:

It's powerful enough for my needs
It's heavy with the included battery
10 steps for power setting is enough
Slave mode (trigger when detect flash) is nice
Modelling lamp suitable only indoors, outdoors, can't really see, especially if it's noon
SLOW recharging time. But if you're not in a rush, it's okay

The thing that's bothering me most when I bring it out is the weight.

Nerd said:
I've the RL660 for about a month now. Here are my views on it:

It's powerful enough for my needs
It's heavy with the included battery
10 steps for power setting is enough
Slave mode (trigger when detect flash) is nice
Modelling lamp suitable only indoors, outdoors, can't really see, especially if it's noon
SLOW recharging time. But if you're not in a rush, it's okay

The thing that's bothering me most when I bring it out is the weight.

thanks. Weight seems like a big problem for many of us also. Esp people like me who doesn't drive... Maybe I just settle for the indoor unit..

Anyone care to share on Jinbei indoor flashes?

Nessie said:
thanks. Weight seems like a big problem for many of us also. Esp people like me who doesn't drive... Maybe I just settle for the indoor unit..

I think the weight was very much due to the battery itself.... if used indoor, you probably will not use the battery unit but the ac-dc converter, which is very light.. the battery option is good for outdoor incase you may need it one day..

However, you will need to charge the battery twice every week, even if u don't use it !!! (I was told by the sales person in China) which is very troublesome..

zipper said:
I think the weight was very much due to the battery itself.... if used indoor, you probably will not use the battery unit but the ac-dc converter, which is very light.. the battery option is good for outdoor incase you may need it one day..

However, you will need to charge the battery twice every week, even if u don't use it !!! (I was told by the sales person in China) which is very troublesome..

Hi ZIpper,
Thanks for the feedback.
just wondering did the sales person mention why does it need charging so often? Do you need to change the battery water often?
How long is the charging?
Does the use of AC-DC converter provides even faster refresh rates?

thanks!

Nessie said:
Hi ZIpper,
Thanks for the feedback.
just wondering did the sales person mention why does it need charging so often? Do you need to change the battery water often?
How long is the charging?
Does the use of AC-DC converter provides even faster refresh rates?

thanks!

Nope, I did not ask why there is a need to charge so often.. guess very much due to the battery type and to maintain the lifespan of the battery ... if I am not wrong.. it's liquid battery which is consealed and not refillable...

Charging may take around 10hrs++... and battery should be charged after every use or after a few days of not using...

thanks for the updates.i'll check before buying the item. Thanks. It can be quite taxing to charge the batteries every now and then.

I would recommend that you contact afiend for any questions that you may have on the JINBEI lights - he's a nice guy and can answer your queries!

Its a sealed lead acid battery - and no need to be refilled - the battery itself isn't very expensive so if you lazy to recharge, just replace it when its spoilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.