flash setup information for olympus camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone knows where to find promaster flashs in singapore??

i m looking for the 5750dx and the 5550dx.....

cp don't carry this brand.....

:(

just received mail from promaster that they only sell in the usa......which explains why its not availabe here.......

:(

They're pretty hard to find even here in the US. None of the camera shops I've been to here carry the Promaster brand, and I couldn't find any reputable online dealer with Promaster stuff in stock.

In any case, does anyone know what the quality of Promaster stuff is like? They don't seem to be much of a major player as far as photography equipment is concerned, and I'm a bit wary of such off-brand products.

The man who haves this pages is a friend of my ..
Any way the point is that there is no many options for one alternative flash ,other than the Olympus FL-40 , i had the chance today to see one from close , its huge its like a small robot , at the back of the flash lamp there is lots of buttons and indicators and program menus ..

The bad part of the story is that the FL-40 was build mostly for the E10 and E20 series , so the price is flying high ..

just received mail from promaster that they only sell in the usa

Come on ... there is many resellers that they do shell everywhere .
I will have a look for extra info ,for you ..

looteer, since you're using the C4040, it might be easier to get the flash cable and the Vivitar 285HV. I'm pretty sure it'll be much cheaper than the Promaster flash and the auto mode on the Vivitar will work well enough.

thanks for all the advice......

i m pretty new to photography, esp. even more so for flash photography..... i m and wondering if TTL is the way to go for me, considering the high costs......

i guess for studio works, non-TTL will be sufficient..... can take more shots for testing until totally satisfied......

but for capturing the moment.... say for wedding shots, or ppl shots..... sometimes TTL will be good........

okay.... will look at the Vivitar flashes also, tweek used to have this setup b4 also vivitar285..... :)

Originally posted by looteer
but for capturing the moment.... say for wedding shots, or ppl shots..... sometimes TTL will be good.......

Yes this is the point ,and some how i feel traped ,about the damn TTL flash lights and the prices ...

But i have end up to this conclusion , the C2100 by it self it does have good power in the flash light , but you are talking about wedding shots !!
Well if you will get payed for those shots buy the FL-40 , if not , just use the cameras flash :)

Status
Not open for further replies.