Flash setup for FZ7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightStalker

Jun 7, 2006
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
Hi guys, i've been searching around the forums for a recommended slave flash.. Through metalilan's postings, i think the emoblitz 328AZ is the best choice and very affordable too.. My question is that if i dont want to use the optical slave sensor such as the Akarui but instead use a infrared sensor (not sure what its called), the type that senses ur flash fire without needing the bright light to trigger the flash, is there one available out there? Reason being that i plan to place my slave flash in a corner and handhold the camera for indoor shots.. Do you guys think thats possible??

P.S: Saiful, u at indon yet? haha.. i love ur photos btw..

LightStalker said:
Hi guys, i've been searching around the forums for a recommended slave flash.. Through metalilan's postings, i think the emoblitz 328AZ is the best choice and very affordable too.. My question is that if i dont want to use the optical slave sensor such as the Akarui but instead use a infrared sensor (not sure what its called), the type that senses ur flash fire without needing the bright light to trigger the flash, is there one available out there? Reason being that i plan to place my slave flash in a corner and handhold the camera for indoor shots.. Do you guys think thats possible??

P.S: Saiful, u at indon yet? haha.. i love ur photos btw..

noob here, i don thin kthe infra-red sensor will work on camera without hotshoe. you need a hotshoe to mount the trigger. theres a MO of that at $60 per set of trigger/receiver :thumbsup:

ic.. i went to a studio shoot organized by PSS last time, they were using some kind of Infrared flash trigger thing.. All i did was cover the flash, totally block out the light and just shoot.. the flash there worked fine.. so i was wondering whether if this is available outside??

LightStalker said:
ic.. i went to a studio shoot organized by PSS last time, they were using some kind of Infrared flash trigger thing.. All i did was cover the flash, totally block out the light and just shoot.. the flash there worked fine.. so i was wondering whether if this is available outside??

oo i think thats a slightly diff one. if im not wrong the slave trigger is built onto that thing and when it sense the flash on ur camera, it sends the infrared signal to the studio flash.
in simple term, just imagine that the slave trigger is deteched from the flash and signal using infrared other than eletrical signal.

i might be wrong tho :sweat:

ExplorerZ said:
oo i think thats a slightly diff one. if im not wrong the slave trigger is built onto that thing and when it sense the flash on ur camera, it sends the infrared signal to the studio flash.
in simple term, just imagine that the slave trigger is deteched from the flash and signal using infrared other than eletrical signal.

i might be wrong tho :sweat:

Wait, i think ur right.. it makes sense.. so do you think i can get one outisde? i think im gonna use ur explanation.. haha.. hopfully can get one below $60

LightStalker said:
Wait, i think ur right.. it makes sense.. so do you think i can get one outisde? i think im gonna use ur explanation.. haha.. hopfully can get one below $60

im not very sure, maybe you can check out some of the studio equipment MO.

so where is the cheapest place to get e flash? i read somewhere they cost $58. But not very sure where to get.. probably tomorrow i'll go around shopping for it..

LightStalker said:
so where is the cheapest place to get e flash? i read somewhere they cost $58. But not very sure where to get.. probably tomorrow i'll go around shopping for it..

i got mine from AP sls...look for one of the younger guys to help you out... and point the flash to the dude since mine he mistook for a sublitz flash...

LightStalker said:
haha ok thx metalilan.. but im still thinking of getting your flash ! LOL..
bro,
sorry..........my flash sold long time ago.
maybe u can check with huggable, he wanna to sell his emoblitz away at 40 or 50, cannot remember. pm him.
cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.