Flash recommendation for S3 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

snappez

Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
Hi Guys, need expert advice. I'm looking for a flash that will be fully functional on my S3 pro. Got any advice? My friend recommend Nikon SB80-DX but is there a budget model i can consider? thanks.

snappez said:
Hi Guys, need expert advice. I'm looking for a flash that will be fully functional on my S3 pro. Got any advice? My friend recommend Nikon SB80-DX but is there a budget model i can consider? thanks.

how much is SB80-DX cost??

you can get smaller flash nikon sb-600 (about $300++)

timothy

that depends on what u gonna use the flash for ... if u really need to power...the sb80dx or the sb800 is the way to go imho....

if not...an sb600 would work just fine too.... i'm not too sure about the sb28 though...

cheers

Yup, if want more power then get the sb80dx or the sb800.
If not get the cheaper sb600, which is only around $350? :dunno:

woah! Sincce u guys consider the sb600 at ~$350 to be cheap, I don't think I want to know the cost of the sb80dx! Anyway, my budget is abt $400-$500. I need to do basic fill-flash and standard flash where the flash is the light source on some occasion. Guess you could say power is a critical factor for me. Currently have the sigma EF 500st but from my old film camera days, after fitting it to the s3 pro, the TTL does not work. Using the Mn or Mx mode mostly resulted in incorrect exposure. My key concerns is that the flash has to be fully functional when fitted to the s3 pro and not only certain function, reasonably priced and as mention earlier, able to fill-flash and standard flash. Any other brand suggestions that have been tested and known to work with s3 pro are also welcome. Right now I'm still evaluating before deciding on which flash to go for.

snappez said:
woah! Sincce u guys consider the sb600 at ~$350 to be cheap, I don't think I want to know the cost of the sb80dx! Anyway, my budget is abt $400-$500. I need to do basic fill-flash and standard flash where the flash is the light source on some occasion. Guess you could say power is a critical factor for me. Currently have the sigma EF 500st but from my old film camera days, after fitting it to the s3 pro, the TTL does not work. Using the Mn or Mx mode mostly resulted in incorrect exposure. My key concerns is that the flash has to be fully functional when fitted to the s3 pro and not only certain function, reasonably priced and as mention earlier, able to fill-flash and standard flash. Any other brand suggestions that have been tested and known to work with s3 pro are also welcome. Right now I'm still evaluating before deciding on which flash to go for.

I only say cheaper, at ~$350. Not saying that its cheap ok.... :nono: Dun mis interpret leh.. :bsmilie:

the Sb80DX is a great choice for fuji's DSLRs, including S3pro. mind u, the SB80dx has since be replaced by the SB600/800. IIRC, the dx-flashes were created for DSLRs, as (back then) film flashes cannot read the TTL metering accurately. however, the SB600/800 can do it now.

still, if u do need a simple flash, a used SB80dx might be a good buy. its smaller than the SB600/800, thus easier to carry ard. i used to have this with my D100.

see here for the recommended flashes for S3pro.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/s3pro_pg2.html :)

Status
Not open for further replies.