Flash probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

leithunder

Dec 14, 2006
Hey guys! was at the sg garden fest again todae! However the lighting at one of the display was not favourable, so i use flash ( SB 600) but the effect on the photo was like a strong fluorescent light shining on the subject, making the pic a little whitish blue! how do i use the flasdh properly to get a more natural tone of colour on the subject?

Hey guys! was at the sg garden fest again todae! However the lighting at one of the display was not favourable, so i use flash ( SB 600) but the effect on the photo was like a strong fluorescent light shining on the subject, making the pic a little whitish blue! how do i use the flasdh properly to get a more natural tone of colour on the subject?

try high iso, wide aperture and slow shutter...

Flash can never take the place of ambient light. Best way to get natural tone is not to use flash IMO...

Try set the flash to manual and reduce the output but you need a few tries though.:D

YMMV.

House light is greenish and WB, I believe you've set on fluorescent, is tone greenish. So if you use flash, Blueish is not avoidable. Try to use WB, flash but the background will be greenish.
Regards,

What camera do you use? In my D70s, I can fine tune WB to reduce bluish color. There is also a fine tune to flash colour WB. No, not adjusting flash color temperature, but adjusting WB on camera.

Regards,
Arto.

Use RAW, shoot with negative flash EV.

For my case, when shooting macro of those orchids, I offset the flash to the side and dial in a -1.3 to -2.0 setting and shoot with an approx setting of 1/30 and f4 - f5.6 or so...

This allows for better colour rendition. Then if needed, u can manipulate it slightly using PS. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.