Flash plus kit lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duinchlfc

Aug 29, 2006
Sengkang
Hi there guys,need ya opinions once again.I recently went back to my school for a celebration and sort of became their photographer covering the event.And to my horror,using the on board flash caused so much red eye and harsh shadows that it made of of my pics look horrid.Those few which turned out well were those taken with high iso and burst shots.

So my question is should i get a flash first then save up for a good lens.The 30D kit lense is so so at best.Whats your opinions on this guys?

Some very good performing high-powered flash can be bought at less than $200 - aka, Vivitar 285HV, Sigma at under $400 and so on.

A cheapo kit or consumer lens can be made to perform optimally, with at least pleasing results at a lower enlargement scale. It's a matter of learning how to make the best of what little you have.

Danged, I'm starting to sound like most typical CS comments.

Please PM me if you would like to find out more.

Hi there guys,need ya opinions once again.I recently went back to my school for a celebration and sort of became their photographer covering the event.And to my horror,using the on board flash caused so much red eye and harsh shadows that it made of of my pics look horrid.Those few which turned out well were those taken with high iso and burst shots.

So my question is should i get a flash first then save up for a good lens.The 30D kit lense is so so at best.Whats your opinions on this guys?

sounds like things got bad.

answer to your question. get a flash first. kit lense is still decent lens to get by. as for budget. no comments.

I think you should try to get the flash first. By the way, you did not mention what system you are using?

Question is do you shoot alot indoors? If yes then go get the flash first. And also, learn the basics of flash - Slow sync etc. It will help alot.

red eye effect is cause by the flash too close to the lens axis, one way to get rid of it is use a hotshoe flash, however, this may still not work for some, especially on people with color eye.

I think your main problem is your setting is too high for the ambient, all the shots of people just looks like "deers caught on the car head light".

learn to how use the flash efficiently is far more important than getting all the nice things and don't know how to utilize it.

red eye effect is cause by the flash too close to the lens axis, one way to get rid of it is use a hotshoe flash, however, this may still not work for some, especially on people with color eye.

I think your main problem is your setting is too high for the ambient, all the shots of people just looks like "deers caught on the car head light".

learn to how use the flash efficiently is far more important than getting all the nice things and don't know how to utilize it.

Any specific advice?

what flash are you talking about at the moment with those settings? On board flash?

anyways i don't get anything which you guys said.But i'll get the flash first anyways and then lenses.Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.