Flash Paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.

commander

Aug 25, 2004
hi all,

i am wondering if when taking photos of competition such as badminton and table tennis, can we take photos with flash ON?

will it be impolite to do so?

also, wat are the occasions when we are not allowed to use flash? some situations can be really tricky though.

I think its impolite to do so and you might be kicked out of the place when its one of those official matches. "Flashing" them can cause them to lose their concentration especially when it involves hand-eye coordination. I know flash is also not allowed for gymnastics. I think the safest way is just not to use flash at all even though the situation might not be to your favour. Can ask sehsuan to clarify.

sports, concerts and drama performances generally call for no-flash shooting. but prize presentations are okay.

generally these situations call for high ISOs and/or large apertures.

Flashes are only allowed when it is outside game time IIRC. (ie breaks, celebration of goals, team talk, etc).

Fire a flash during gameplay/performance and you'll get a tap on your shoulder requesting you to leave...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Haha... quite common sense. Put yourself in your subject's shoes... if the photographer were to use flash would it affect you adversely? If the answer is yes then be a decent chap and turn it off.

+evenstar said:
Fire a flash during gameplay/performance and you'll get a tap on your shoulder requesting you to leave...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
i think the player will just smash towards the flash:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.