Flash onto a tripod stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Apr 25, 2007
NEWBIE QN::

Hi all I currently have a 430EX and 580EX of which i intend to use the 430ex as a off camera slave. I have been doing this for a while but my left hand gets tired after sometime. Is there a DIY-way that i am able to attach my flash onto the tripod? Its the simple china tripods cos im a student and i have no way to buy those expensive ball heads to attach to the flash base.

Suggestions welcomed!

Did your flash come with a tripod mount? Dunno about the Canon flashes, but the sony 56AM has a "foot" with a tripod mount.

both the flash should come with a mini stand if im not wrong. at least i'm sure the 580EX has it.

attach the flash unit to the mini stand, the mini stand has a tripod mount below it which u can mount that on a tripod.

my 580EX II has it.
IMG_1830.jpg

NEWBIE QN::

Hi all I currently have a 430EX and 580EX of which i intend to use the 430ex as a off camera slave. I have been doing this for a while but my left hand gets tired after sometime. Is there a DIY-way that i am able to attach my flash onto the tripod? Its the simple china tripods cos im a student and i have no way to buy those expensive ball heads to attach to the flash base.

Suggestions welcomed!

use the tripod stand that comes with the flashes and attach it to the 1/4 inch screw on your tripod plate.

flipfreak : the tripod stand has a screw mount for the tripod? Cool thanks will try it when i get back home.

theres a hole at the bottom of it. u can put in the 1/4" inch screw from a quick release plate on it and mount the whole thing on ur tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.