Flash mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

S L Chai

Sep 24, 2006
Singapore
xianliang.multiply.com
Hi, I would like to ask what's the best flash mode to use when shooting weddings? Rear curtain, normal or other modes? From what I know, rear curtain will tend to blur the photo when using slow shutter speeds. I'm using an SB-800, btw. Thanks.

Hi, I would like to ask what's the best flash mode to use when shooting weddings? Rear curtain, normal or other modes? From what I know, rear curtain will tend to blur the photo when using slow shutter speeds. I'm using an SB-800, btw. Thanks.

iTTL....

KISS

You really really need to understand your equipments (camera, lenses, flash, etc.) before shoot weeding. I think one preferences is not always good for you. Build your own confidence about your equipments. Don't make the weeding shoot your experiment shoot if you are main photographer for that moment. I believe you know how precious is the moment for couple and families.

Regards,
Arto.

You really really need to understand your equipments (camera, lenses, flash, etc.) before shoot weeding. I think one preferences is not always good for you. Build your own confidence about your equipments. Don't make the weeding shoot your experiment shoot if you are main photographer for that moment. I believe you know how precious is the moment for couple and families.

Regards,
Arto.

well put:)

SL, if you are asking this question, then hope you dun have the intendtion to be the main photog. Even if do a favor for frend frend. if you really frend, then do what's best for him/her and ask them to get someone who done it before.
Dun take this personally, OK?

anyway back to your question, ....when in doubt, use direct flash in normal sync mode. usng 2nd curain sync will reduce your GN. Unless you want the kind of effect aht only a 2nd sync can give.

Perhpas you may have mixed up rear-curtain sync with slow sync (?)

DT :)

haha..

i think SL's jus asking out of curiosity. he does have to start somewhere right? SL - i dun think you're going to be the main photographer, but you just want to get some advice on taking casual photos, right?

regards,
jizeng

rear curtain is ok...I use that for my wedding assignments...couples don't run around in excess of 60mph. I find that useful because whenever a flash precede an actual shot, somehow the expression of the subjects changes....but that is my experience dunno about others....expression of humans changes much much faster than your shutter speed can capture.

Regards,
Arto.

I was helping a friend take some photos for his wedding. There was a main photographer. Anyway, the wedding is already over. I just followed the main photographer around. He was using a 17-55, I was using an 18-70 lens. Should have got myself some rechargeable batteries, the flash's recharging time got slower after some 100 plus shots. Can't possibly buy alkalines all the time. But I appreciate your advice, thanks. :) Got some advice from the main photographer too. :)

well put:)

SL, if you are asking this question, then hope you dun have the intendtion to be the main photog. Even if do a favor for frend frend. if you really frend, then do what's best for him/her and ask them to get someone who done it before.
Dun take this personally, OK?

anyway back to your question, ....when in doubt, use direct flash in normal sync mode. usng 2nd curain sync will reduce your GN. Unless you want the kind of effect aht only a 2nd sync can give.

Perhpas you may have mixed up rear-curtain sync with slow sync (?)

DT :)

Thanks. I used TTL when I did the wedding shoot. :)

haha..

i think SL's jus asking out of curiosity. he does have to start somewhere right? SL - i dun think you're going to be the main photographer, but you just want to get some advice on taking casual photos, right?

regards,
jizeng

No, I wasn't. I was running around with the main photographer. :) Besides the casual shots, I did the table shots also, with the main guy, of course.

Depends on what effect you are trying to achieve

actually...why not try diff mode like M also...u might get the lighting u desire...

actually...why not try diff mode like M also...u might get the lighting u desire...
That's good if time and moment is on your side. Try M mode flash on wedding ceremony and you know why TTL is better.

Regards,
Arto.

Uh... what's a light sphere? Still got lots of things I don't know. Thanks. :)

There's something called a search button.

And of course, it's also know as a LSPJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.