Flash Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

kent_ridge

Apr 18, 2004
Okie, I got another question. There's so many types of cards you can use, which is better? Hmm, are they call Flash Memory to begin with? I saw it as a heading in a site. =D

I can use Multimedia Card and Secure Digital (short form is MMC and SD right?) for my camera, which should I use? The qualities I am looking for are like the speed it takes to write the pictures into the storage card itself and the amount of times it can be rewritten plus... generally which will you suggest?

Using Panasonic FZ10 which comes with SD but it is writen in a website that MMC can be use as well so I presume I can choose the better of the 2 right?

Thanks!!

kent_ridge said:
Okie, I got another question. There's so many types of cards you can use, which is better? Hmm, are they call Flash Memory to begin with? I saw it as a heading in a site. =D

I can use Multimedia Card and Secure Digital (short form is MMC and SD right?) for my camera, which should I use? The qualities I am looking for are like the speed it takes to write the pictures into the storage card itself and the amount of times it can be rewritten plus... generally which will you suggest?

Using Panasonic FZ10 which comes with SD but it is writen in a website that MMC can be use as well so I presume I can choose the better of the 2 right?

Thanks!!

There isn't a lot of MMC card available on the market, so if I were you, I would just focus on my search on SD card.

As for speed of read/write, it doesn't just depend on the card, but also on the camera. Having owned a FZ1 before, I would say that the Panasonic camera is exceptionally fast at writing, regardless of the SD card. I'd tried Sandisk, Toshiba and Panasonic SD cards on my camera before, and though there's differences, it differed only by split-seconds. So it really isn't much of a concern.

Okie, thanks a lot. I thought that it was a really fast too when I realise that I can choose to take pictures continueously when I choose the option to not view the picture immediately after I take it. May I know which will you reommend? Anybody has any bad encounters with any of the brands or any positive remarks on them? I'm thinking of getting the cheapest if that's the case.

I got a 128 LMC or some L thingy brand SD, can't remember the exact brand name. Hmm.. got it at $75, think it's expensive compared to the cheaper brands. = x

kent_ridge said:
Okie, thanks a lot. I thought that it was a really fast too when I realise that I can choose to take pictures continueously when I choose the option to not view the picture immediately after I take it. May I know which will you reommend? Anybody has any bad encounters with any of the brands or any positive remarks on them? I'm thinking of getting the cheapest if that's the case.

I got a 128 LMC or some L thingy brand SD, can't remember the exact brand name. Hmm.. got it at $75, think it's expensive compared to the cheaper brands. = x

I prefer Panasonic SD cards, though they may be more expensive than the Sandisk ones and Toshiba ones... But, it's really personal preference lor! And also, because I think it looks better to have a Panasonic SD card in a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1 lor! :bsmilie:

LOL. I think I'll agree with you. It has a design that's quite stylish also. =D

kent_ridge said:
LOL. I think I'll agree with you. It has a design that's quite stylish also. =D

Oh! Not forgetting that there's this cute little transparent case that comes with the purchase of a Panasonic SD card! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.