Flash Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

baolong

Apr 21, 2007
Hi Guys,

Just curious what is the average life span for a modern electronic flash? anyone like to share?:)

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Hi Guys,

Just curious what is the average life span for a modern electronic flash? anyone like to share?:)
depends on what made and model, I have a couples of Metz hummer flash units more than 10 to 15 years old still function perfectly.

a few Nikon flash units SB28 and SB80 also working fine after a few years, sold off to upgrade to SB800.

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
depends on what made and model, I have a couples of Metz hummer flash units more than 10 to 15 years old still function perfectly.

a few Nikon flash units SB28 and SB80 also working fine after a few years, sold off to upgrade to SB800.
so...i assume none of your flashes have failed you before? :think:

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
so...i assume none of your flashes have failed you before? :think:
yes, I blown the flash tube of a five month old SB800 before. and every few months I send my flash units for general servicing, parts replacing etc..

TS is asking how long till a flash go RIP, but all my flash units are still kicking leh..

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
yes, I blown the flash tube of a five month old SB800 before. and every few months I send my flash units for general servicing, parts replacing etc..

TS is asking how long till a flash go RIP, but all my flash units are still kicking leh..
oic :)

I guess it's kind of a 'luck' thing :think:

baolong

Apr 21, 2007
wow, 10 to 15 years for flash units, that is very long time..... probably you already upgrade a few camera bodies laio.... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom