Flash light Recommendation for E-510?

Status
Not open for further replies.
opps... sorry about the first post... fingers too fast...

I'm more or less going to grab a E-510 after reading all the reviews and checking out most of the pictures i've taken... IS is something i think i need if i'm taking indoor shots more then often...

Is it a must to get an external flash? seems like the pop up flash always gives a very "harsh" feeling to the subject...

If so is there any good flash for olympus? and do i need to buy those diffuser... or blub looking thing that every wedding dinner photographer seems to have....:dunno:

Thanks again for helping a "lost in the lalang" sotong...:sweat:

Hello,

Great to have you with the Four-Thirds system. :) You might wanna check out the Four-Thirds forums.

What do you mainly use flash for? You might wanna try FL-36 or FL-50. :)

thanks bro!

Now trying to see whether i can get a deal for e510 with the dual kit lens in sg... like never come in... sigh...

Harlow,

I think external flash is a must. Get the one that can swivel. For balance, I think the FL36 is better. If u need more speed and power, then no choice, get the FL-50. But FL-50 I must warn u when mounted on the 510 is a bit unbalanced.

Also, the reason for getting the external flash is to actually AVOID the harsh look. By using BOUNCE cards!!!! This will give you very nice indoor photos. I am new to this, but IMHO, I think if you still do indoor flash photography without bounce cards, u are doing a dis-service. It makes the photos dramatically better. I am going to try it for myself ASAP.

Also, COMEX was selling the dual lens at drop dead prices. U should have gotten it then. Try Harvey Norman at Funan and see if they still do the dual lens.

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

thanks bro... now i wished i had waited in the queue.... :cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.