Flash in a Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

deBakey

Mar 19, 2004
Hello, ... just wondering if anybody can enlighten me. Some years ago when I bought a dry cabinet, the seller told me not to put the flash inside as it may damage it... somehow over time I forgot and left my flash inside. Now I wanna use it and seems that the flash is not working (put in battery but cannot work). Wonder if it's due to the dry cabinet or due to some other technical fault. Anybody know something about this? Thanks!! ;)

fiddle with it for a while... sometime batt contact loose.

the batteries is flat? put a batt in the dry cabinet will drain the battery

hey thanks for the reply... if I remember correctly he said something about the capacitor... cannot remember liao. Anyway, so can we put the camera battery in the cabinet? Sometimes I never take the battery out of the camera after using... sounds like a bad idea hor... ;)

is it???
hmm... so next time don't put batts inside the drybox right? okay..

How long did the flash stay in the dry cabinet? years???

I throw all my camera stuff (batteries, flash...etc) except AC chargers. and nothing has happened to them so far.

I guess it also depends on how low is the humdity of the dry cabinet.
A very low setting may not be good for some equipments too.

deBakey said:
hey thanks for the reply... if I remember correctly he said something about the capacitor... cannot remember liao. Anyway, so can we put the camera battery in the cabinet? Sometimes I never take the battery out of the camera after using... sounds like a bad idea hor... ;)

Capacitors not possible, how about your cam esp those with built in flash also got capacitors then the camera where to put instead. Batteries needed to remove for all equipments not in operation except lithium the risk is lower for leakage and corrosion.

The thing about electronics is that if you don't use them for a long period of them they will die (although not a tragic death :D). In fact they are more likely to have a longer usable life if you use it regularly. Even my flash manual recommends flashing the flash a few times once every few months if not using for long periods of time.

deBakey said:

ok if u're planning to use the cam a wk later or two

but not advisable to leave the batts in camera for a mth or more
batts will leak

Status
Not open for further replies.