flash hotshoe converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allblackssg

Oct 23, 2008
hi guys...is there a such thing as a hotshoe converter? i had a sony flash n a canon body...any of u guys can help if there is such thing as a hotshoe converter...thanks a lot...

not that i'm aware of..

thats one of sonys annoying little things.. everyone elses uses a standard hotshoe system but they had to be different ;p

sell the sony flash and buy a canon or 3rd party one that will work with your canon is the way to go here.

hi guys...is there a such thing as a hotshoe converter? i had a sony flash n a canon body...any of u guys can help if there is such thing as a hotshoe converter...thanks a lot...

Yes there is, look on jl-photo.com

not that i'm aware of..

thats one of sonys annoying little things.. everyone elses uses a standard hotshoe system but they had to be different ;p

sell the sony flash and buy a canon or 3rd party one that will work with your canon is the way to go here.

Sony uses the Minolta hotshoe, which is an improved version of the 100-year-old hotshoe other cameras use.

Also, it's not a "standard" hotshoe system. Though physically the same, each camera maker (like nikon, canon, etc) use their own communication protocols for the flash. So it's not like you can just use a nikon flash on a canon body and expect metering, etc to work correctly.

Sony uses the Minolta hotshoe, which is an improved version of the 100-year-old hotshoe other cameras use.

Also, it's not a "standard" hotshoe system. Though physically the same, each camera maker (like nikon, canon, etc) use their own communication protocols for the flash. So it's not like you can just use a nikon flash on a canon body and expect metering, etc to work correctly.

ahduuuh
really?? far out i never would have guessed man this is such a breakthrough!

i know its the internet, but not everyone is stupid ;)

ahduuuh
really?? far out i never would have guessed man this is such a breakthrough!

i know its the internet, but not everyone is stupid ;)

Then your initial post is what? Just a joke? Because you are the one who said it's Sony who chose to be different (rather than Minolta) and it's you who said everyone else is using a "standard" hotshoe (which in only half correct).

Yes, it's the internet, which means you can research more before posting.

aaahh lets not get feisty shall we?
a grown adult getting emotional about whatever brand he/she supports and trying to flame a kid on the internet is not what i would really call cool but whatever floats your boat..

point being..
lets play a little game of spot the odd one out...

Canon-EOS-1D-Mark-IV-top.jpg

pentax-k-7-top.jpg

d3-top-1.jpg

camera-top.jpg

DCM89.rev_sony.top-420-90.jpg

now...
correct me if i'm wrong but everyone, except sony, use the same damn mount based on a central pin in the middle that fires a pulse of electric current to activate the flash, on which other pins on the same mount control auto exposure systems (ie: ittl and ettl or whatever).

now, the definition of the word "standard" enlightens us on the fact that it is "established or well-known or widely recognized as a model". putting into base that definition, and looking at the above hotshoes which one do you think seems to be more "established and/or well known"? the "konica legacy super 100 year old" one or what i simply know as the "standard hotshoe" ?

like i said before, i know its the internet... but not all of us are stupid.

now can we please leave it at that? i really just don't get trying to fight on the internet, its stupid and realistically speaking.. whats the effing point? haha

the "konica legacy super 100 year old" one or what i simply know as the "standard hotshoe" ?

Read again. The old ISO hotshoe is the "100 years old one". Not the Minolta one. The Internet could have given you that info too.

now can we please leave it at that? i really just don't get trying to fight on the internet, its stupid and realistically speaking.. whats the effing point? haha

Then don't start by posting incorrect information. All i was doing was setting facts straight.

dont get me wrong im a nice guy..

but the fact that you went out and researched something to try and prove a kid over the internet wrong.. iss a little sad. ;p

but meh... TS's question is answered... if youd like to kindly create a thread to spread the generous knowledge to the masses that sony made the worlds best hotshoe please do so kind sir..
but for now..

thread_closed.gif

:D:D

if youd like to kindly create a thread to spread the generous knowledge to the masses that sony made the worlds best hotshoe please do so kind sir..
but for now..

When did I say that? Putting words into my mouth then trying to claim the somebody else's thread is closed with some graphic you grabbed off the web is pure arrogance. Grow up.

perhaps it is not I that needs to grow up,

perhaps it is you that needs to stop taking yourself so seriously

:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.