Flash Gel Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imouyang

Oct 17, 2004
Hougang
Strobist and Flash experts, pls come in! Need some help~ Where in sg can i buy gels to colour correct my flash? Looking for smthg like the gels that come with SB-800, namely Colour Temp Orange and Window Green or smthg similar...

Pls dun tell me to get from nikon cuz it's quite expensive~

TIA!

go artfriend and DIY yourself... probably get all you want in $10

go artfriend and DIY yourself... probably get all you want in $10

Wow~! They got sell gel there one meh? Din saw it when i was shopping for velco last time~ Any idea which section to look for?

you want "colour corrected" gel, it will not be cheap, be it Nikon, Lee or Tiffen..

if you just want any color transparent sheets, can try any art craft stores. or a shop in SL tower sell disco light stuffs.

you want "colour corrected" gel, it will not be cheap, be it Nikon, Lee or Tiffen..

if you just want any color transparent sheets, can try any art craft stores. or a shop in SL tower sell disco light stuffs.

Oh... So where can i get "colour corrected" gel?

If i use color transparent sheets, will it melt under the hot flash bulb?

If you're using normal hotshoe flash in good condition, no, ulness you put the cellophane touching the flash head and make sure there's no ventillation or cover the flash head with cloth or wrap it up, and fire full blast non stop for a few hundred shots using a high power external batt. The cellophane might warp or crinkle, and your flash head probably burn out liao.

If you're using normal hotshoe flash in good condition, no, ulness you put the cellophane touching the flash head and make sure there's no ventillation or cover the flash head with cloth or wrap it up, and fire full blast non stop for a few hundred shots using a high power external batt. The cellophane might warp or crinkle, and your flash head probably burn out liao.

Eer ok... Anw, it's for hotshoe flash~ Thanks~ :)

Normal hotshot flash should be no problems. If you're super worried, just check from time to time.

CHEERS!

Well, even those gels provided by Nikon will warp if you subject them to high heat and other abuse...

Does CP sell gel sheets?

Yes, they sell. Ask for it at the shop selling all their stobes stuff. Can't remember the price though

Yes, they sell. Ask for it at the shop selling all their stobes stuff. Can't remember the price though

I just went today and saw it~ It's 12 for a 20 by 24 in sheet~ But they say the sheets are not colour corrected even the orange and green ones~ I am still wondering if what they say is really true...:confused:

I just went today and saw it~ It's 12 for a 20 by 24 in sheet~ But they say the sheets are not colour corrected even the orange and green ones~ I am still wondering if what they say is really true...:confused:

I'm not sure myself. I only use it to color white backgrounds to give different colors to the background for portraits

Thank for the reply, midi~

So... Anyone has any idea where can i buy colour corrected flash gels locally?

Status
Not open for further replies.