Flash for my A40

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefei

Jan 18, 2002
North East of SG
lefei.livejournal.com
What must I get to mount an external flash?
External flash is a definite must. How much and what brand is good? Also, I would also need a mount to mount the flash. Where and how much can I get it for?

TIA ;)

You need a flash bracket, CP sells a small variety at about $15 or so. There are L brackets and straight brackets to choose from.

As for flash, get one with slave flash capability. There is an Achiever one that Streetshooter uses, apparently quite cheap. Do a search and you'll find it.

Thanks Tweek for the really quick response. :)
Great, 'L' for my digicam is rather affordable. But now comes the flash part. Which brands are good for digicams and which is more suitable for digicams? ;)

any auto flash can work, as long as they support slave flash, or you can get a slave trigger. It boils down to how powerful u want the flash to be, ability to tilt/swivel, which will then decide which flash you should get.

The Achiever 260T sounds like a cheap option, about $45 or so.

What can the Achiever 260T do? ;) I am just looking for a flash which allows me to use my A40 with my len adaptor. If I use the internal flash with my len adaptor. It blocks the flash and the pciture comes out part of it black.

what can it do? It can flash lor, hehe. :D

ok lar seriously, it's an external flash lor! I think it has slave flash function (if it doesn't, get a slave trigger), so it will fire upon firing of your camera flash. When you mount it on a flash bracket, it will usually be beside your cam and higher, and the flash coverage should clear the lens adaptor.

Actually, if you just want to solve the lens adaptor blockage problem, just zoom in more lor, or remove the lens adaptor lor. A lot of people have the same problem.

The 260T doesn't have a slave trigger.

Does the A40 do a pre-flash before firing on the main flash? If so, a normal slave trigger won't work.

Originally posted by mpenza
Does the A40 do a pre-flash before firing on the main flash? If so, a normal slave trigger won't work.

Oh yah I forgot about this point, very important. If the A40 has pre-fash, your slave flash will fire off on the first flash, instead of the 2nd flash which is the one when the shutter opens. Unless you get those rare ones which ignore pre-flashes.

Originally posted by mpenza
The 260T doesn't have a slave trigger.

Nope. The A40 doesn't have this function. That means I will have to get an external flash with slave trigger. How much would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.