Flash for K5 and Kx

Scalpel22

Feb 14, 2010
Hi guys,

I am looking for a flash with P-TTL for my K5 and Kx. Been doing some research and shorted the following

1) Metz 58 AF-1/2
2) Sigma EF-610 DG Super

Which is a better choice and where can I get them . SLRR only sells Pentax flash. Are the other 3rd party flash with similar specs as the above and where can I get them?

Thanks.

Scalpel22 said:
Hi guys,

I am looking for a flash with P-TTL for my K5 and Kx. Been doing some research and shorted the following

1) Metz 58 AF-1/2
2) Sigma EF-610 DG Super

Which is a better choice and where can I get them . SLRR only sells Pentax flash. Are the other 3rd party flash with similar specs as the above and where can I get them?

Thanks.

My vote's for the metz. Try orient photo at sls.

hw much?

does anybody know the cost of the metz 58 AF2 in Singapore ?

what's the difference between Sigma EF-610 DG Super and Sigma EF-610 DG ST?

Hi guys,

1) Metz 58 AF-1/2
2) Sigma EF-610 DG Super

Thanks.

I don't think Sigma is a good choice... but the Metz also, sometimes doesn't TTL well.

wrx_sti_22b said:
I don't think Sigma is a good choice... but the Metz also, sometimes doesn't TTL well.

think thats a pttl problem. it is not consistent. in the metz 58 AF 1 or AF 2. Metz own "AUTO" mode function better n more consistent then pttl.

Wow S$400. There will be a good deal but I wonder does it comes with international warranty or local.

Wow S$400. There will be a good deal but I wonder does it comes with international warranty or local.

It doesn't have international warranty, only local HK warranty, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Ok. Finally settled for an AF50-1. Anyone know any good sites on pentax flash tutorial?

S$650. Around S$400 in HK.

Couple months ago, SLR quoted S$620.00
I bought mine in HK last year for S$550.00
Have to be known warranty for HK set is local.
Later, I gather with couple of S$ saves do not justifly myself buying from HK.

Last edited:
Couple months ago, SLR quoted S$620.00
I bought mine in HK last year for S$550.00
Have to be known warranty for HK set is local.
Later, I gather with couple of S$ saves do not justifly myself buying from HK.

I agreed, if $550 in HK, I will rather buy in Sg with warranty.