flash for indoor shooting (??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyjoey

Aug 10, 2007
west.
www.riverbelow1.blogspot.com
may i know which flash is versatile for both indoor shooting (like rock gigs in halls) and outdoor shooting (super duper irritating getais at night).? am a noob here, and wish for you guys to assist. don't wish to spend so much yet. thank you.:D

may i know which flash is versatile for both indoor shooting (like rock gigs in halls) and outdoor shooting (super duper irritating getais at night).? am a noob here, and wish for you guys to assist. don't wish to spend so much yet. thank you.:D

An external one fired direct would suffice...

may i know which flash is versatile for both indoor shooting (like rock gigs in halls) and outdoor shooting (super duper irritating getais at night).?
Yes, flash photography is useful for indoor and outdoor.

am a noob here, and wish for you guys to assist. don't wish to spend so much yet. thank you.:D
Spend ? Are you look for a flash unit ? What is your current camera brand and model ?

Zac meant a external flash pointed directly at the subject (sometimes we point the flash to the roof/wall or a card to bouce the flash toward the subject) will do the job you wanted.

sorry, am a noob here. didn't understand what you were saying. what do you mean by an external one.?

if you want to shoot both indoor shooting (like rock gigs in halls) and outdoor shooting (super duper irritating getais at night) from far far away, you need a powerful external flash, and powerful flash = $$$

eg SB600, or SB800

Far far away??? Lightning free, but must wait....kidding lah.:bsmilie:

How you know he is using Nikon?

if you want to shoot both indoor shooting (like rock gigs in halls) and outdoor shooting (super duper irritating getais at night) from far far away, you need a powerful external flash, and powerful flash = $$$

eg SB600, or SB800

yup. i use a stupid D40X.:(mom bought it for me on impulse. impossible to tell her i want a new D80 when the camera is not even 1 month old. haha. yes, i'm looking for a flash unit. let's say i'm standing right at foot of the stage, is sb400 enough.? do the 3 flash units (sb400, 600 and 800) support my camera.? AF-S.

yup. i use a stupid D40X.:(mom bought it for me on impulse. impossible to tell her i want a new D80 when the camera is not even 1 month old. haha. yes, i'm looking for a flash unit. let's say i'm standing right at foot of the stage, is sb400 enough.? do the 3 flash units (sb400, 600 and 800) support my camera.? AF-S.

Don't be disapointed, D40X is a good DSLR to start off with.
Unless you are already constrain by it limit.

The ans to your question is Yes.. even your built in flash able to light up the subject infront. But in order to have a better control and even distribution light , i would suggest to get at least the SB-600. I am sure most pple will recommend to go for the SB-800 instead. But honestly, SB-600 is more than sufficient at this moment.

Hi joey, think I will be very grateful if my mom buys me a DSLR when I am 16....I didn't get it...I got my first digi compact when I was working and DSLR only last year....so I think you are very fortunate to have such a mum who can afford to buy you an expensive toy.:)

Back to the cam, D40x is a capable cam, many pros buy it as a back up as it can control the noise during low light shoot very well. Use it with the limitation and when you grow out of it, then you change.

And yes, all 3 flash lights are compatible with D40x

you are fortunate to have your mother bought you a DSLR.

the only camera my mum bought for me is this

instamatic-66x.jpg

be contented with what you have.

I have just bought the sb-600 at CP for $360 incl GST. Look around you may get it slightly cheaper.

:think:i are a newbie and yet, u out grow a up to date tech DSLR in just a month, you must be a extremely talented, born to be the greatest photographer in the history of photography.

either that or you are just a spoil brat.

:think:i are a newbie and yet, u out grow a up to date tech DSLR in just a month, you must be a extremely talented, born to be the greatest photographer in the history of photography.

either that or you are just a spoil brat.

hahahaha...that is what I call sharp, sweet and to the point. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.