Flash for FZ50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapier84

Deregistered
Hi all, I just got my FZ50 and I must say it was a worthwhile improvement over my previous FZ10, especially with the TTL flash capability. The recommended flashes are of course the Panasonic ones but they are real ex and hard to find. Anyone has any ideas of other flashes that can take advantage of the TTL facility?:dunno: I heard the Olympus flashes (FL36 and 50) should do the job...

I use Olympus FL-36 with my FZ50. It done well. I also tried out the Nikon SB800 with my FZ50 too. Good Jobs.

I use Olympus FL-36 with my FZ50. It done well. I also tried out the Nikon SB800 with my FZ50 too. Good Jobs.

Hi teonglai;

U mean u just slot in your SB800 in ur FZ50 hotshoe? Without any adapter?
Is the TTL function working fine with it?
Is there any different between SB800 & SB600 (in term of contact point)?
Can SB600 also use on FZ50?

Sorry for asking so many questions ;p

Hi teonglai;

i think theres not much diff between Sb600 and Sb800 contact point..cuz both the same...

Thanks for the replies guys, keep them coming.
:) The reason why I thought the FL-36 will do the TTL job is because of the contact points of the hot shoe being identical in the E300, L1 and the FZ50. Add that to the fact that Panasonic collaborated with Olympus for technology on the L1 system, seems like a no brainer that they took the Olympus flash system wholesale, since the FL-360(panasonic) looks suspiciously like the FL-36 anyway...
Any other responses?:cool:

Hi teonglai;

YUP, Just slot in without adapter. Yup!! TTL function well and correctly.
I think SB800 and SB600 is the same in term of contact point (5 Point). So, should be the same. For olympus, both FL20, FL-36 and FL-40 , FL-50 are competible.

Hi there,

Care to show photos taken with the SB800 used?:)

Has been itching to get a prosumer camera but can't decide between fuji S9500 or FZ50 though. Currently, I own a D200 and SB800.

TIA.:thumbsup:

Hi there,

Care to show photos taken with the SB800 used?:)

Has been itching to get a prosumer camera but can't decide between fuji S9500 or FZ50 though. Currently, I own a D200 and SB800.

TIA.:thumbsup:

It take time to find out the photo taken by using SB800 last time coz I had tried it once only for a group picture. Will try to find it and post later.

S9500 : more wide
FZ50 : more tele

that all!!

YUP, Just slot in without adapter. Yup!! TTL function well and correctly.
I think SB800 and SB600 is the same in term of contact point (5 Point). So, should be the same. For olympus, both FL20, FL-36 and FL-40 , FL-50 are competible.

Hi teonglai,
Thanks...
Hmm.. that means if we mount SB-600 on FZ50, some contact pins are not in use? :dunno: FZ50 hotshoe contact point doesn't seems match all with SB-600 ...

Hi all, I just got my FZ50 and I must say it was a worthwhile improvement over my previous FZ10, especially with the TTL flash capability. The recommended flashes are of course the Panasonic ones but they are real ex and hard to find. Anyone has any ideas of other flashes that can take advantage of the TTL facility?:dunno: I heard the Olympus flashes (FL36 and 50) should do the job...

HI, where and how much u paid for ur FZ50?

Hi teonglai,
Thanks...
Hmm.. that means if we mount SB-600 on FZ50, some contact pins are not in use? :dunno: FZ50 hotshoe contact point doesn't seems match all with SB-600 ...

:think: Not sure on this...:sweat: But the important things is it works well!!:lovegrin:

RM2399 with 1GB Sandisk SD Card and normal bags only. The FL-36 is my old stuff use on my previous C750.

Hi teonglai,
Thanks...

I nikon mount flashes has 4 points..the one near the flash lock pin, the panasonic mount has only 3... excluding the flash lock pin..

I nikon mount flashes has 4 points..the one near the flash lock pin, the panasonic mount has only 3... excluding the flash lock pin..

Thanks bro.... haha.. ;) by the way, what is the function of flash lock pin, bro... :D sorry for asking stupid question here... :cry:

It take time to find out the photo taken by using SB800 last time coz I had tried it once only for a group picture. Will try to find it and post later.

S9500 : more wide
FZ50 : more tele

that all!!

Hi teonglai,

Its ok if it is really troublesome for you to post the picture, thanks for your effort though.:thumbsup:

Again thanks for the major diff between fuji and panasonic. Really appreciated it.

I bought mine at Courts since I need to pay by instalment (poor student lar) @ 1049SGD, got the Lumix camera bag, 512 (only) MB SD card, cleaning set, mini tripod in the set.:embrass:

anyway, the close focusing ability is good, but I do see some(not much) abberation at full size.

288355618_d33667e802_o.jpg

I bought mine at Courts since I need to pay by instalment (poor student lar) @ 1049SGD, got the Lumix camera bag, 512 (only) MB SD card, cleaning set, mini tripod in the set.:embrass:

anyway, the close focusing ability is good, but I do see some(not much) abberation at full size.

installment? woah... i also student leh... how come you need to pay by installment?:eek:

Thanks bro.... haha.. ;) by the way, what is the function of flash lock pin, bro... :D sorry for asking stupid question here... :cry:
just to lock the flash onto the hotshoe (nikon mount). same function as those metz/canon flash with the round "screw" near the mounting area.

Status
Not open for further replies.