Flash for FZ-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

psx2sg

Mar 15, 2005
Tomato
Hi all, long time to 'see', hope you guys have been doing well.

Need pro advice again... any recomendation for flash on FZ-30? My 628 really cannot make it (or it's just me?), i tried it on several runway shots but it just can't reach far although it claims that it can shoot up to 25m with ISO100. Plus the flash suddenly go bazerk, keep showing the 'test flash' and can't take any picture....:dunno:

is there any 'cheap and good' flash that i can use it the FZ30?? Is the original flash from panasonic good???

thank you belly belly much for the kind advice in advance!:sweatsm: :sweatsm:

psx2sg said:
Is the original flash from panasonic good???

Hi, I can't tell you much about other flash, but for the Panasonic original, its a good flash. Used it for about 4 months and its really great. Only thing is that you are not able to swivel it left to right, only up and down. So for vertical bounce, you may have a problem. Highly recommend it if you can afford it.

psx2sg said:

Need pro advice again... any recomendation for flash on FZ-30? My 628 really cannot make it (or it's just me?), i tried it on several runway shots but it just can't reach far although it claims that it can shoot up to 25m with ISO100. Plus the flash suddenly go bazerk, keep showing the 'test flash' and can't take any picture....:dunno:

is there any 'cheap and good' flash that i can use it the FZ30?? Is the original flash from panasonic good???

Based on the specs the original flash seems really weak. I think a good brand to consider is Metz but they don't come cheap. Around S$550 is the price sykestang is selling them for at BnS but they are worth the money spent especially if next time you plan to get another brand of camera since it's quite a versatile flash.

psx2sg said:

I am using the FL28, and you can see more details here:
http://tchuanye.smugmug.com/gallery/271708

Only thing I like abt is that its small, and serves my purpose. But its expensive for the specs.

A good flash would be the Vivitar 285 which has good reviews and good specs. Can check MS colour for the price. I remember I check for price there once....did not get it cos its quite huge....cannot fit my lowepro off-trail 1 pouch.:bsmilie:

thanks bro, any other suggestion?? my worries is only if it would be able to capture good no run way shots...

A lot of cheapo one sale in AP... try Sunblitz Ai829 TW... I used that with also Achiever 828... lookin for somethin with the auto modes... anybody using FZ with SB22/24/26? Sorry thread starters for 'hijacking' your thread... ;)

i got a budget Sunblitz (PZ-450 AF) under $150. a v value 4 $$ flash! it works w/ FZ20.

can set zoom,
output,
do strobe,
select front / rear curtain sync,
got LCD w/ backlite
but no slave feature.

got in an IT Fair many mths back... ;p

sORe-EyEz said:
i got a budget Sunblitz (PZ-450 AF) under $150. a v value 4 $$ flash! it works w/ FZ20.

can set zoom,
output,
do strobe,
select front / rear curtain sync,
got LCD w/ backlite
but no slave feature.

got in an IT Fair many mths back... ;p
Auto exposure?

wargh i very sad my fz5 no hotshoe :sweat: sob sob. make me sooo jealous ;p

kekeke.

hey dadan i tot you need the money for your study? LOL

actually was having phobia with sunblitz coz the one that I have is sunblitz. suddenly brokedown and cannot be used....

psx2sg said:
hey dadan i tot you need the money for your study? LOL

actually was having phobia with sunblitz coz the one that I have is sunblitz. suddenly brokedown and cannot be used....
Yupeee.... but so sad... heart pain... once got money... kenna rob by this flash... bought for $99 and then checked in AP they sell for only $60... sob, sob, sob.... :cry:
Guess it's a expensive experience for me.... :sweatsm:
Cheers!

lol...is the flash good?

daden said:
Auto exposure?

manual on FZ20, not sure abt FZ30. FZ20 oni got a a trigger point. :sweat:

metallilan said:
wargh i very sad my fz5 no hotshoe :sweat: sob sob. make me sooo jealous ;p

kekeke.

attach a trigger devise... ;p

psx2sg said:
lol...is the flash good?
Works quite good... Really gave a boost for my lowlight happy snap portrait pics...
but in external preset mode(in FZ20)+A mode (in flash) it locked the Aperture to 2.8 :sweat:
Have to switched it to Manual for the full power coz often underexposed in A mode...
Manual (flash) + Manual (FZ20) = difficult... :sweatsm: try - error - try -error... but can set full manual (A/S) for the cam... anybody master/shifu can share the tips to deal with this situation??

In the package included...
manual instruction (one pice of small paper):sweat:
bracket (quite good build liao!)
omnibounce
oh ya, one more thing... the slave fucntion thingy a bit funny leh... sometimes the flash fire sometimes not... guessed it's the sensor problem...

Conclusion...
still kenna ROB! coz with the same money or I can save a bit more can go for the 2nd hand speedlight or Metz... investment for the future toyz.... what I mean future means really far away man!!! :bsmilie:

Thread starter... sorry for hijacking your thread...
Enjoy your FZ30... anyway, just curious... is it really feel better than FZ20? (I mean the pics quality-and don't tell me abt 8mp;) )
Cheerz evelybodiiiii...

daden said:
Thread starter... sorry for hijacking your thread...
Enjoy your FZ30... anyway, just curious... is it really feel better than FZ20? (I mean the pics quality-and don't tell me abt 8mp;) )
Cheerz evelybodiiiii...

i somehow like the classic feel of the FZ20 though... even though im now using my fz5 :sweat:

consider getting a used Nikon flash like SB28 or SB80DX. They're powerful and full-featured flash units that would work well.

FZ30... gee, if i compare it to my FZ10, yah it's better. at least the zooming is faster, not that its 8mp la, i default it to 5mp when i took photos. I heard 2nd flash better not buy, any reason to support that?

Hey mpenza, SB28 or SB80DX how much? can get below $100? thanks...

psx2sg said:
FZ30... gee, if i compare it to my FZ10, yah it's better. at least the zooming is faster, not that its 8mp la, i default it to 5mp when i took photos. I heard 2nd flash better not buy, any reason to support that?

Hey mpenza, SB28 or SB80DX how much? can get below $100? thanks...
Thanks psx2g... :) SB28 or 80DX... I wannnnnnnn alsoooooo... if under 100... which is impossible... unless the owner is your daddy or generous uncle ... LOL... just saw somebody in B&S sell SB22... any kind comments for this stuff? Thanks :)

This is with my suppa cheapo Achiever 828 ($15 fr cash converters:cool:)
duck11.jpg
[/IMG]
full manual...

Status
Not open for further replies.