Flash Diffuser

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlid

Dec 2, 2006
S'pore
Hi Guys

I have a SB400 and feel like doing a DIY diffuser.

What is the suitable material for the light to bounce?

Thanks.

if your intention is to diffuse, then, the plain tissue paper is adequate.

yup, just a sheet of plain paper of even tissue paper that reachme mentioned will do

If im not mistaken, plain paper does not diffuse as well as tissue though. Porous materials tend to work better :thumbsup:

some prefer using tracing paper, cheapo type or the costlier types. to each his own.

If im not mistaken, plain paper does not diffuse as well as tissue though. Porous materials tend to work better :thumbsup:

thank you guys for your replies. i will try the tissue method and see how it work out.

Hi Guys

I have a SB400 and feel like doing a DIY diffuser.

What is the suitable material for the light to bounce?

Thanks.

What do you intend to replicate? Omnibounce or??

White translucent plastics is an idea, else you can use a small plastic bowl used for takeaways and adding a layer of diffusing material on it.

What do you intend to replicate? Omnibounce or??

White translucent plastics is an idea, else you can use a small plastic bowl used for takeaways and adding a layer of diffusing material on it.

actually, i wana reduce the harsh lighting on my macro shots.

Try using it off camera with a flash cable, else when using it on the camera directly, you can try reducing the flash ev.

you can try a better bounce card from abetterbouncecard.com the guy show you how to DIY
too. The material you can get at Arts friends at Bras Bersa Complex 2nd floor. Walk in thru the 1st unit to the 2nd unit at the back, it should be in the 2nd last row from the left, walk to the end. They carry many colour including white. Selling at around $1 only so buy a few as spare ya. It is of a foamy material. :thumbsup:

you can try a better bounce card from abetterbouncecard.com the guy show you how to DIY
too. The material you can get at Arts friends at Bras Bersa Complex 2nd floor. Walk in thru the 1st unit to the 2nd unit at the back, it should be in the 2nd last row from the left, walk to the end. They carry many colour including white. Selling at around $1 only so buy a few as spare ya. It is of a foamy material. :thumbsup:

Hey airfins

Wow, I've just finished watching the 10 minutes video, very good idea! And it also make me wana upgrade to a SB600, hehe.

And thanks for the detailed direction to get the foamy material.

You are welcome! search CS for DIY Bounce Card got more detail one :bsmilie: I think the row no. is C1 if I remember correctly :think: some time no stock there all the CS bro go there and buy all liao :sweatsm:(close st 7pm weekday, 6pm weekend) then can try Taka Arts friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.