flash diffuser

ataraxist

Dec 23, 2010
Anyone has a diffuser to recommend for dslr fill flash? I am looking for a effective, small and handy one to carry around.

I am currently using a hot shoe plastic with a white plastic curve type. Don't like the effect and not secured enough.

Anyone has a diffuser to recommend for dslr fill flash? I am looking for a effective, small and handy one to carry around.

I am currently using a hot shoe plastic with a white plastic curve type. Don't like the effect and not secured enough.

What and where do you usually shoot? and if shooting portraits, how many people? That will determine what size of bounce cards will work best...

I find these to be quite good.

Demb Flip it bounce card + diffuser - Demb Flash Products - Flip-it! the variable-angle flash reflector
Rogue Flash benders - ExpoImaging - Rogue FlashBenders
A better bounce card (DIY or buy from them) - ABetterBounceCard.com

was talking about built-in pop up flash diffuser. am looking for something like this that is compact, bounce and diffuser 2-in-1.....but alas, not available for sony

LIM'S Easy bounce Pop-up Flash Diffuser for Nikon Canon Fujifilm PENTAX SAMSUNG | eBay

Maybe something like this?
PROFESSOR KOBRE'S LIGHTSCOOP: SAY GOODBYE TO UGLY FLASH PHOTOS!

I have one like this which I do not use anymore. Let me know if you want it.

i use a folded sheet of white paper, 10cm x 8cm, handheld 5cm in front of the pop up flash. works great, is practically free, and takes up next to

no space. only a bit lecheh to handhold. and you will need to dial in +2 EV if shooting with a Nikon D5100 or similar.

I'm also looking for a diffuser for the built in flash (external flash so heavy haha, lazy carry around all the time lol esp overseas), but sadly none seems to fit what I want...

Anyone tried modding this (LumiQuest Mini Softbox - LumiQuest) to fit into the built-in flash?

I'm currently using the Lumiquest Soft Screen to diffuse the light, but it isn't really stable although the effects are decent... light leakages also pretty bad, esp since the built-in flash doesn't have much power in the first place. Looking for more of a softbox solution to save wattages...

Last edited:
zaren said:
i use a folded sheet of white paper, 10cm x 8cm, handheld 5cm in front of the pop up flash. works great, is practically free, and takes up next to

no space. only a bit lecheh to handhold. and you will need to dial in +2 EV if shooting with a Nikon D5100 or similar.

Yea I use to do it too...difficult to hand hold all the time. Now bought a compact used hvl-F20AM.. is much easier when I don't need to lug my hvl-f58am. Found a custom made diffuser for this flash for only usd1.99 on eBay. Gd deal.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/110837034591?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649