Flash Diffuser: which one?

Which diffuser would you get?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a few different ones... they work in different situations and for different effects.

I'd either shoot direct, with a justbuonce or with a podket magiclight... depends on what's needed.

Get a few different ones... they work in different situations and for different effects.

I'd either shoot direct, with a justbuonce or with a podket magiclight... depends on what's needed.

Just hope that someone can compile the best situation for each types of diffusers...

Any volunteer?(Sorry I am not an expect in photography. Still learning from all of you!)

Just hope that someone can compile the best situation for each types of diffusers...

Any volunteer?(Sorry I am not an expect in photography. Still learning from all of you!)

Hmmmm...

You have to guage for yourself. I generally look at the ceiling before deciding on whether to use bounce flash or not. If it's too high or has a different colour (may cause some weird colour cast), then I'd rather use a direct flash instead.

A bounce card is good when you need a longer range.
Magiclight or GFLS type diffuser is good for closer range and normally gives a warmer colour tone for the skin.
Omnibounce is good for a slightly diffused lighting effect when you need that kind of effect.

It is largely up to the photographer's discernment to choose the right diffuser for the situation. I generally bring both the Lightsphere II PJ and the Sto-fen for events, and I use either one based on the room size, wall colour ( alot of white walls?), and ceiling height.

Also, depending on the amount of ambient light, I will select my diffuser.

i prefer the stofen omnibounce....
but i feel that flip and gary fong are better than stofen....i prefer it because it is more compact and less attracting attention.....

..... ageed!

Status
Not open for further replies.